Tuesday, 6 March 2012

Tuesday and it's another day on the cold front!

And my hubby had planned more painting but the rain woke me up again during the night so I'm not sure that's going to work. It's 12c here at the moment and it's still pretty early in the morning but I'm just not  sure how DRY it is out there and, since I'm not dressed, I don't plan on stepping outside to find out either!

Yesterday saw us heading to Costco with our neighbour, in itself not very exciting but we came back with THE most decadent jar of goodies, chocolate and caramel covered macadamia nuts - mmmmmmm! They won't last as long as they should!

Came back and unpacked and then thought ...... dinner? Well, I suggested the Santa Fe and my other half said Manny's - those of you who have been to both will probably know which won! Now, Manny's is EXCEPTIONALLY busy and you  normally have to be there well before they open to get a table ...... so we called ahead and got put on their list (which was 45 minutes already) and headed out the door - still got to wait at the other end but, boy, was it ever worth it? The answer is YES!


I also managed a little light crafting, again ATC's but not well pleased with my efforts so won't showcase them individually but here's the batch - hope you like them.


I used images from: Kaisercraft, Inkadinkado, My Minds Eye, Studio112, Hampton Art and Penny Black. I used distress stain (spun sugar) and inks from Versamagic, Versamark, Brilliance and Color Box as well as pearl-ex powders, faux gemstones, punches by Martha Stewart and hairspray (to set the mica powders)

Happy Tuesday

6 comments:

catherine said...

Great ATC's kathy and lovely colours. Pretty dry here today and warm at the bottom of the garden.
x catherine

Cheryl said...

wonderful photo Hun,and as for your ATC's they are just brilliant super designs,hugs Cherylx

jackid said...

wow loving the photos and the ATC'S it's nice and bright and DRY here today for a change oh I have had to change my blog so I do hope you will join me on my new one
Jacki xx

scrappyjacky said...

Love the bike one,Kathy

Katina said...

I think these are lovely Kathy. ATCs are something I really must get into making.

Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog. xx Yes, the injections are in his stomach and he's doing them himself!

Katiejane said...

Manny's sounds yum!It looks like you are keeping busy whilst Steve is painting -great ATC's!
It was 3 here this morning and frosty brrrrr.
Have a great day.......Katie x