Saturday, 14 April 2012

2nd post of the day, contains challenge entry

This is my usual Saturday second post and contains my entry for this week's CAS challenge over on the Simply Less Is More blog. This week features the double whammy challenge as it needs to be a ONE LAYER CARD and it has the theme of DOODLES. I struggled with this for a couple of hours and eventually resorted to opening drawers of stamps looking for inspiration until my eyes lit on this underused image ..... whoa! I can do something with this, I thought and here's what I came up with ...




Materials used:
  • 12½ cm square white, 300 gsm card and matching envelope
  • Paper Mania sentiment inked in Memento rhubarb stalk
  • Inca image inked in Memento tuxedo black
  • Additional doodles added using a Faber Castell Pitt pen and a Wink of Stella glitter pen and cats eyes and mouth using Copic Atyou Spica glitter pens
I made it in to a get well card as my regular readers will know that I've had to deplete my stocks of late with a few poorly pals - you know who you are Andy, Jenny and Dorothy - hope you will all be feeling better very soon.

If you missed my earlier post then please either scroll down, or if you came here by a link then follow this link directly to it.

Thanks for stopping by and please feel free to leave me a comment as I do so love to read them.


36 comments:

My name is Wynneth said...

And very nice it is too miss kathy ! Know what you mean about using up your stock of GW cards ! Hopefully all the 'poorlies' will be well on the road to recovery very soon. That is a cute image, not surprised the stamp jumped out at you as you were cruisin' by your stamp stash LOL
luv
wynneth
x

nicky said...

Lovely card , love the cat
Nicky

Chrissie said...

That kitty looks really smug.
Super job Kathy!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Loli said...

Hola Kathy, great idea your stamp and your doodles, i hope your friends are better soon:D
A hug from Palma

Anne said...

What a lovely border you added, great card!
Anne
x

bakeandmakeinbristol said...

Kathy

I love that Cat :)

Emma W

froebelsternchen Susi said...

great!

Monica said...

Such an Indian looking kitty with a bindi on it's forehead... Lol. Love your card.

Monica xxx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Great doodling there Kathy. One layer as well? They know how to up the anti over at LIM don't they... Lx

Bea said...

Fab card - I love that stamp too

Victoria said...

fab card Kathy, love the cat and the doodling orund the edges
Hugs
Victoria
x

*Alison* said...

hehehe so fun!..love it
Hugs
Alison
-owner of The Alley Way Stamps
www.thealleywaystamps.com

Viv said...

Well done Kathy, such a cute kitty too :) Viv xx

Monika said...

the cat is simple crazy :-)
your doodle looks fine

Lynne said...

Great card Kathy, the cat is so cute.
Lynne xxx

Aileen said...

Your pussy cat suits your doodling purrfectly!! x

Louise said...

This looks like a very difficult challenge but you have mastered it perfectly. i love your cat stamp. where is it from? (I'm a bit of a cat lover.)
Have a great holiday x

Carole said...

So adorable, great doodling too.

Ji Hye said...

Great card, and the cat is super!

Mandi said...

What a cool cat!
FAB card Kathy, that doodled border looks super

Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Willy said...

Beautiful and funny!

ScrappyDoo said...

What a funny cat. Nice doodling job.

GinaA said...

That cat is brilliant and I love your border.

Suze Bain said...

Your doodling fits perfectly with the cat. Fab! xx

Magic Flying Boots said...

Awww, so cute!!!

Daen'Ys said...

I love this cat! It is terribly beautiful.
Purrfect doodling!

Helen in the UK said...

Cool cat and great doodling :)

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

I love your cat ! The border around the card is great too. Thx for the welcome to the LIM challenge, have a great day ! Shirley

Craftilicious said...

Prefect stamp to add some doodling around - matches perfectly. I have him sitting unloved in a drawer too somewhere = you've reminded me how much I like him
Tara
x

Claudias Karteria said...

Hi Kathy! What a stylish cat, great doodling...
Thanksw also for your lovely comment on my blog.
Hugs Claudia

Marrigje said...

Fun card. Great doodling.

Marrigje

Debbie said...

Funky fun cat a lovely fun card would make anybody feel better :))

Susan said...

What a cute little cat...and the doodles are just perfect on him!! Love that border you added too!

Sally H said...

brilliant cat and a great border. Wonderful!

Linda said...

Great card, the cat is fab. Love your doodling xx

Marlena M. said...

This is so fun and creative! I'm sorry your friends are sick...you are a cheery friend for them. ;)