Monday, 9 April 2012

It's a Public Holiday and guess what?

It's only blooming well raining and has been most of the night!! Fortunately, we hadn't planned a BBQ but that's not the point - what is UP with our weather? I've said it before and will probably end up saying it again!, our weather is FREAKY!

Hope it hasn't spoiled any plans you may have for today.

Yesterday my neighbour (and friend, I might add) took her young nephew here, bet she's soooo glad she didn't arrange to go today - can't imagine anything worse than a soggy day at a British (and therefore chilly!) theme park!

We went to visit one of "the Surrogates" yesterday but discovered a whole load of cars parked outside the house so didn't intrude on their party! preferring instead to carry on out and just admire some scenery. It was, however, a pretty dull old afternoon and my camera stayed firmly in its pouch - so no pix to share with you all.

However, I did decide to have another go at the three greens challenge over on the Simply Less Is More blog and did something a little different from my last entry ...... I like this one a lot and think it could do duty as a sympathy card, a get well card or even a male birthday card - what do you think?




Materials used:
  • 6" scallop edged 300 gsm white card and matching envelope
  • Sage green panel
  • Black panel
  • White panel coloured with Distress Inks: Peeled paint, Iced Spruce, Evergreen Bough
  • Paper Artsy splat inked in Iced Spruce
  • Paper Artsy line image and harlequin image inked Versacolour gold
  • Art Impressions quill pen inked in Memento tuxedo black
  • Kaisercraft sentiment inked in Memento bamboo leaves

Rosie set a challenge of "SUNSHINEY MOMENTS" over on Craft Mad and Loving It and I chose to combine it with the "ANYTHING BUT A CARD" challenge on the same group and came up with this - not my finest work but it IS a bit of fun! The moment I read Rosie's challenge I thought of childhood Bank Holiday journeys to the seaside and the plaintiff cry "are we nearly there yet?"!!! Images are by Fiskars, Hampton Art and an unknown source (basically I DESTROYED the packaging trying to remove the blooming things and it was quite a while ago). Having rediscovered this set though, I'm thinking the car might come in handy again! And, of course, after yesterday's project featured no stamping whatsoever - it was obvious that there would be quite a bit on the next project (see card above)!




Hope you've enjoyed your pit stop at my blog, hope you'll find time to leave me a comment too.

Enjoy the remainder of your Easter break.

19 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Been pouring all day here as well.

sarah's little snippets said...

Love all your inking on the first card Kathy, it's gorgeous! And your postcard is great fun ~ there is nothing as frustrating as a whining...are we there yet! Sarah

Debs M said...

ooh loving your lim card and the postcard is fabby x

Margreet Havinga said...

Wow what a great card. I loved it.

Margreet

clare said...

fab background on the LIm card. it would work for lots of occasions I agree. x

Brenda Brown said...

Super fabulous LIM card Kathy, just adore that background and the stamped image.
Wet and horrible here.
hugs {brenda} xox

Lilian said...

Lovely cards Kathy. Hugs lilian

Chrissie said...

That s a fab panel on your LIM card Kathy! Super stamping! I love it.
Thanks again.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Scrapmate said...

Love the splats on the card.

Cheryl said...

oh that is one,super LIM card Hun,just love the background,and super stamp you have used too Hugs Cherylxxxxxxxx

Darnell J Knauss said...

You're "thinking of you" card is really poignant, Kathy. If I received a card like that, I would really FEEL like the sender was truly thinking of me. Love it!

Maureen said...

Lovely card, well done.
You can view my card here.

Maureen……………x

Mandi said...

Wasn;t the weather just typical Kathy!
Super card, terrific stamp and inking

Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Loving your LIM card here Kathy. It's GORGEOUS x

Helen in the UK said...

Great card. LOVE that background you've created :)

Diane said...

What a great design, it really is suitable for a lot of occasions. And your are we there card is such fun.
Diane

Daen'Ys said...

Wow, what a great card!
A super stamp and very skillfully colored!
The golden color in the background makes it very noble, and the spots, give it some vintage style.

Daen'Ys

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Love the quill pen image Kathy - as you say, this is a card suitable for many occasions. Love the splattered background too!
Sylvia x

ScrappyDoo said...

Thanx for your nice comment on my Bugs card. You seme to enjoy making CAS cards (this one is very good), join my CAS challenge if you like at http://micassucas.blogspot.com Next challenge I will add some English text, for now there is a translation button.