Monday, 16 April 2012

Just a fleeting post and challenge entry

Afternoon,

Just a quick post from me, busy day today following a busy weekend.

Had some friends round to dinner last evening so it was all hands to the pumps with the preparation before their arrival. Fortunately (for me) my hubby does enjoy cooking (unlike me who ENDURES it!) and produced a splendid meal which all four of us enjoyed.

This morning I was visiting my aunt and uncle and this afternoon I've been visiting a friend in hospital. My aunt and uncle are well but sadly, my friend in hospital is not - otherwise she wouldn't be there! Get well soon matey.

I needed a new home card so I DID manage a second entry for the LIM challenge of DOODLES for the Simply Less Is More blog and that's why I've nipped on to post this .....



Materials used:
  • Linen effect DL card and matching envelope
  • Craft Stamper freebie inked in Memento rich cocoa
  • Anita's sentiment inked in Memento tuxedo black
  • Faber Castell Pitt pen to doodle the zentangle path and corners

Of course, nothing is ever simple and my first attempt looked absolutely fine until I realised two things. The first thing was that I really didn't card for the font of the sentiment or the fact I inked it in grape jelly and the second? Well, I know we've all done it but how stupid did I feel when I realised I'd only made th eblooming thing upside down! DUH! Guess I'll be using that card blank for matting and layering!

Happy Monday, what's left of it! Blooming parky this morning and not really warmed up much all day ..... but at least it's neither raining nor snowing! Works for me!!!


10 comments:

Loli said...

Hola Kathy, thank you for your enthusiastic last commnet:D:D.
The more simple things are sometime very complicated...but your dodoling card is so simply and so beautiful, i like this little castle, well done Kathy.
A hug from Palma YAY you too!!!

scrappyjacky said...

A lovely simple card,Kathy....just perfect for a new home.
It's pretty chilly here as well.

Brenda Brown said...

Sounds like you are having a busy time Kathy, but your simple card in-between everything is super, so simple and so effective. Love the doodling.
Have a great week.
hugs {brenda} xox

Debs M said...

great card, love that stamp x

Mandi said...

Sorry your friend is poorly Kathy, hope they will be on the mend soon
Sweet card, love the little fairy castle
I endure cooking too!!!
Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Cheryl said...

this is just super Hun,just love the CAS hun just love that stamp hugs Cherylxxxxx

Fleur said...

WOW Kathy I love this, the doodling adds the perfect touch
HUGZ Fleur xXx

Chrissie said...

Super card Kathy,neat bit of doodling!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Mandi said...

Miss you too
Take care x

Susan said...

Everybody's home is their "castle"! Well done on this card! Love your doodling!