Sunday, 29 April 2012

Sunday and it's a funny old day

Hi there,

Sunday again and, from what I hear, most of my readers will be enduring pretty ghastly weather. One of my crafting buddies tells me that the River Trent burst its banks as a result of all the rain and I hope that no-one was injured or flooded out as a result.

Me? I regret to inform you all that it's warm (27c) and cloudy here but enough of my weather and on to the days crafting.

With the imminent demise of the weekly challenges over on Craftbubbles Craft Mad and Loving It a Sunday challenge hadn't been set. I had thought of my own challenges in to June so set one of my own which is no longer needed ........ and my theme is ON MY HOLIDAYS I TOOK .....

my teddy bear!



Materials used:
  • 12.5cm 250 gsm white card and matching envelope
  • 12 cm and 7.5cm of black card
  • 11.5cm and 7 cm panel of white card
  • Recollections image inked on to smaller white panel in Memento grape jelly
  • Alcohol markers to colour
  • Crystal stickles to highlight
 Now I CONSIDERED entering my bear card over on the Simply Less Is More blog for this weeks sketch challenge but thought this had entirely too many layers and too little white space but perhaps someone else will visit and tell me - Chrissie and/or Mandi??

And I'd also like to share this ATC with you



Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Purple card cut to ATC size and edged with Memento grape jelly
  • Hampton Arts bunting inked in Memento grape jelly on to white Bristol board and cut out
  • Hampton Arts sentiment inked in Ranger Archival jet black
  • Hampton Arts party hat inked in Walmart yellow pigment ink on to white Bristol board and cut out
  • Crystal stickles to highlight
Hope you've enjoyed looking at my projects this morning.

Have a great Sunday crafting (since it hardly sounds like it's worth leaving the house unless you have to!) and try to stay dry!

6 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Love the bunting ATC.

Squirrel x said...

Loving your card hun, that is just soooooo cute! And you're ATC is pretty darned cool too. We have a flood warning on five local rivers, and a hose pipe ban. Go figure :oD xx

Louise said...

great Sunday challenge. I'm deeply envious of your warm weather! It has poured down ALL day here and cold and windy with it. a really nasty day. The neighbour's fence is down and so are some trees round here.
Enjoy Florida and lets hope the weather here is better by the time you make it back!

clare said...

fab card and atc. a warm 27 lucky you!! have a lovely day. x

Debs M said...

loving the monster card, stickles look fabby!!

fun atc too x

Brenda Brown said...

You are obviously having a monster time hehe, and not having to put up with rain, rain and more rain. What a perfect time you chose to go away.
Hope you have had a great weekend.
hugs {brenda} xox