Tuesday, 1 May 2012

Afternoon, sorry I'm late!

Afternoon,

Late post from me, slept in this morning and been busy reading my Kindle this morning - where DOES the time go when you are reading something interesting? My hubby's not an avid read despite me telling him he's missing a lot of great books but, I have caught him sneaking some reading time on a Clive Cussler novel - boy he's made a good choice too as I DO love a good Clive Cussler - anyone else read his books? My fave's have to be the Dirk Pitt novels but hey .... if it's a Clive Cussler, I'll read it and often more than once too.

I'd also like to welcome Pearl as a new follower - hi there, nice to see you and a newbie to blogland,  hope you'll find yourself with time to pop back every so often too.

Anyhoo, managed a quick bit of crafting this morning - another reason for the delay in my posting! I'd like to share this card and ATC with you and hope you'll like them both.


Materials used:
  • 12.5cm 250 gsm white card and matching envelope
  • 12cm Kraft panel and rectangle slightly larger than my image panel
  • 11.5cm white card panel and a panel cut close round my image - coloured using Distress Inks in scattered straw, tea dye and frayed burlap. Background design on large panel created using images from the Recollections SPLAT set and Color Box cats eyes in gold, copper and bronze
  • Inkadinkado image from the MEADOW set, inked in Color Box black and then blended using Distress Inks in tea dye and frayed burlap
I used my D.I.'s slightly before the image was totally dry which slightly blurred the edges of the image but, actually, I quite liked the effect - what about you?


Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Distress Inks: worn lipstick, barn door, fired brick
  • Penny Black random circles background inked in Versamagic malted mauve
  • Inkadinkado MEADOW image and sentiment inked in Ranger Archival jet black

Happy Tuesday - hope the rain stops for you all soon


5 comments:

Cherry said...

Yep, I like the effect a lot, great colours, Kathy. Sounds like you and Steve are having a fab time. I love losing myself in a good read, as you'd expect - lol. Happy holidaying. You are so not missing the weather here! Love C Xxxx

Cheryl said...

oh Hun,this is one really super effect,the layout,stamps,and detail is just brilliant so effective,hugs Cherylxxx

Debs M said...

2 gorgeous makes, loving the gold splats x

Brenda Brown said...

I love them too Kathy, both great pieces.
We had rain this morning - thunder in the night but a gorgeous sunny afternoon which got really warm. Yay at last.
hugs {brenda} xox

Lilian said...

Love the cards Kathy. The back ground really makes it and once I have played hope to be able to do this to,
Hugs
lilian