Monday, 7 May 2012

Is it a mellow Monday where you are?

Hi there readers,

Here's hoping the weather's being a little kinder to you all following the chill of yesterday. I have to say I would almost rather swap as I was at the Violettes garage sale in 90+f heat!! YIKES it was hot and I felt like I was meltttiiinnnnnggggg!! I wasn't alone either as I ducked inside to cool off and grab a glass of iced water and found four other ladies all doing the same - my $1 fan was deployed by all in an attempt to return to a near normal temperature and we chatted whilst doing so, nice ladies, from Ruskin, Spring Hill and locally.

Violettes garage sale is, I'm told, an Annual event but it seems like it was held on the hottest day of the year so far! Diana (the owner of Violettes) had sold 40 tables and these were arranged in the parking lot - most of the "stall holders" had thought to bring iced water and umbrellas! I browsed and bought a couple of things before ducking inside, then I browsed the store before braving the heat once more - sizzlin'! I snagged two sets of Close to the Heart acrylic stamps for $5 each - they normally retail for $25 - $30 each, so I was well pleased.


My purchases



The mighty Violettes garage sale in Lakeland, Florida

AND I managed a little light crafting too!! WOO HOO indeed. I decided I couldn't wait ANY longer to get this fab Santa and snowman image inky.


Materials used:
  • 12.5cm square 250 gsm white card and matching envelope
  • 12cm white card using cool aqua pro marker to colour the edges
  • 11.5 cm square of Snowflake design blue paper
  • Penny Black Holiday Hugs image inked in Hero Arts hues BLACK and coloured using alcohol markers and corners rounded before matting on to a white card panel coloured using a red copic marker to match Santa's suit.
  • Brilliance light blue used to colour round Santa on the image panel and crystal stickles used to highlight
  • Inkadinkado sentiment inked in Brilliance Mediterranean blue
  • Metal looks snowflake added to embellish.
I also coloured the image on the envelope to match and used a Penny Black sentiment from the "Let it snow" set. Inside the card I stamped the image once more but in Memento Angel pink before overstamping the PB Sentiment from the envelope in Hero Arts Hues BLACK


I KNOW it's early (AND HOT!) to be thinking of Christmas but I think you'll agree that this image is too cute not to ink up!

Have a great Bank Holiday Monday everyone

5 comments:

Lilian said...

Lucky you Kathy on the great buy. it sure looks hot there and lots of people as well. Love the card. The snowman is cute.
Hugs lilian

Debs M said...

LOVE that stamp x

scrappyjacky said...

I bet it felt strange making a xmas card in that heat.
The best that can be said about the weather here....is that it hasn't rained yet today!!

Cheryl said...

oh what a super buy Hun,looks,like you had fun,well its cold and really miserable here,Hun,as for your card wow love that Santa that is what a call a real Santa,so jolly,and just brilliant,stunning card Hun,hugs Cherylxxxx

Katiejane said...

Great bargains Kathy, I'm so envious, look at that fab photo! Sizzling...oh if only, it's grey/windy/drizzly here boohoo...
Katie x