Saturday, 12 May 2012

It's Saturday

This is the first Saturday that there is no new challenge over on Craft Mad and Loving It so I find myself with a little time on my hands, so, I'd like to share a couple more piccies of our day at the coast

Vero Beach

No idea what this TV crew was basing their story on but .......

Sadly, it's also LOVE BUG season and look at the state of our rental by the time we reached home!

A splendid example of some of the hanging moss that appears all over the place in Florida


There is, however, a new challenge over on the Simply Less Is More blog and I simply had to have a go at that. This week is the trickiest of all CAS cards ..... here's what they've come  up with this week .....
Here we are again with your favourite of all our challenges... the wonderful


ONE LAYER CARD

This time we have the stipulation to

USE THREE STAMPS

not four, not two... but 3!



Materials used:
  • 12.5cm 250 gsm white square card and matching envelope
  • Inkadinkado "penguins" image inked in Hero Arts HUES black
  • Inkadinkado "penguins" snowflake image inked in Brilliance pearlescent lavender
  • Penny Black "Let it snow" sentiment inked in Hero Arts HUES black
  • Crystal stickles to highlight
And here are the three images (in their sets)



I'd also like to apologise to any LIMettes who visit my blog, I'm still away and have precious little time for crafting let alone blog hopping but be assured I shall be back and commenting all too soon. With so many lovely entries every week I feel so guilty about not commenting so if you've entered AND stopped by my blog then Sorry and Thank You!

Have a fab day


16 comments:

Debs M said...

great card and stamp sets x

Cherry said...

Great pics, apart from the bugs -eughhhhh. Fabulous card, so hard to do - gives me palpitations just thinking about it - lol. Glad you are having a fab time. It is odd with no challenge isn't it. Hugs Cherry XXX

Loli said...

Hola Kathy you´re very far :D.
Very sweet card Kathy, this penguin is so funny and sweet, i'm playing on winter wonderlan challenge i think i will have all my cards before christmas:D
A hug from Europe

Lilian said...

Love the card Kathy I see what you mean
Hugs lilian

Brenda Brown said...

Cute card Kathy and great pics. I just love beach views. TFS.
Hope your weekend is good.
hugs {brenda} xox

Chrissie said...

Sounds like you're having a great time Kathy!
Cute card too!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

clare said...

Fabulous looking sunshine in those photos. Such a fun little penguin on that LIM card kathy. Have a great weekend. X

Mandi said...

This is just FAB Kathy
Those pics make me very envious, looks like you;re having a fabulous time
Enjoy!
Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Monika said...

this card is soo cute :-) And you have done a great job and you have had a great time => it must be a very good day for me

Flutterby Creations said...

Super cute penguin! Love the added sparkle!

Kate
Xx

Scrapmate said...

Beautiful card & wow what fab holiday pics.

Margaret said...

Great fun card Kathy
Margaret x

Deanna said...

What a fabulous card!-Deanna

Ardyth said...

This guy is so cute! There's a lot of life in this card - I love it!

Karen said...

I am so jealous Kathy - the photos leave my toes tingling.......... and your card is brilliant!

Vicky Hayes said...

What a cute skating penguin - I like the swirl shape he makes! Don't feel at all guilty Kathy! You're away so relax and have fun! Vicky x