Monday, 21 May 2012

Morning and welcome to Monday

Hi there readers, hard to imagine that it's 364 days to my birthday!! I had a fab day and was indeed spoilt rotten with my husbands gift of perfume and PAN PASTELS (can you tell that I was excited about the PP's? I've been positively LUSTING after some for ages ..... and ages!) and a lovely bag from a crafting pal (on the outbound journey so I cheated and have been using it!) and some nice Italian wine from our neighbours/pals, Sally and Roger.

I was taken out to dinner and enjoyed my meal (Pad Thai) and, once we got home again there was a bottle of something fizzy nicely chilled in the fridge - a fab ending to a fab day - not sure I have the patience to wait until next year - I LIKE Birthdays!! Recently I bought the best ever sentiment stamp which says ... If I've learned one thing in my 29 years, it's to lie about your age!!!! Priceless! So, yes, I'm 29 too.

I'd like to offer a warm welcome to new follower, Claire, too - hope you'll find a reason to pop back from time to time too.

As regular readers may recall, I went to the Scrap Booking and Stamping Expo here in Florida on Friday and bought a couple of things which I could hardly wait to ink/pastel up so here are a few projects to share with you all - hope you like them.


Materials used:
  • 12.5cm square 250 gsm white card and matching envelope
  • Two panels of white card (one slightly smaller) and the larger panel coloured using a red copic marker
  • Art Impressions image and sentiment inked in Hero Arts HUES in black. I am LOVING this elegant lady image and feel sure you will be sick of her because I'm using her so much!
  • Faux crystal gemstone (coloured with red pro marker to match border) adhered as an earring


Materials used:
  • 12.5cm square white 250 gsm card and matching envelope
  • Purple pearl card cut and white card panel cut slightly smaller for image panel
  • Art Impressions image and Clearly Wordsworth sentiment inked in Memento grape jelly
  • Narrow white satin ribbon coloured using purple alcohol marker, to match border


Materials used:
  • Card offcuts
  • Inkadinkado MEADOW clear image inked using Versamark embossing ink
  • Pan Pastels and Sofft tools
  • Cheap hairspray to fix - must track down some non aerosol fixative but Michaels don't keep such things!

OH WOW!! Pan Pastels are so vibrant and so creamy and dreamy!!! I think I'm going to have fun playing with these. Just look at how many I have to choose from. A set of 20 AND the three super yummy ones you see on the lid - couldn't resist the violet, cerise and limey colours now, could I?


And here she is again (that elegant Art Impressions image) on a PP'd panel - oh boy I think I'm loving them!!



Have a great Monday - I'll leave with a photo of me saying CHEERS at the Thai Thani last evening!!




7 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

Happy Birthday for yesterday Kathy - so glad you had a wonderful day, it sounds like great fun. What a generous hubby you have all those PPs and yes they are lush and create fabulous and quick backgrounds. Your samples go to prove that already. So glad you have got them at last. Enjoy playing with them.
hugs xox

Lilian said...

Kathy love the lady she is nice and makes lovely cards. Cheers were said here for you last night over a glass of red.
Take care Lilian

scrappyjacky said...

Glad you had a lovely birthday.

Cheryl said...

oh Hun,happy belated birthday sweetie oh how I could do with a pint right now or something hehe,love that classy card Hun,that is one,striking lady just beautiful,glad you had a super day Hun,hugs Cherylxxxx

Cherry said...

Cheers matey. Great to see you celebrating in style, of course. Loving those PP - I feel a new craze coming on Mwah X

Debs M said...

Cheers!! sounds like a great birthday and fabby gifts/makes too x

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Belated Birthday wishes to you Kathy. Sounds like you had a great time.

You lucky girl . . . getting some PP's xxxx