Sunday, 6 May 2012

Sunday chatter

Hi there and welcome to Sunday,

Another sad day today as it's the last chance for the Sunday themed challenge over on the craftbubble group Craft Mad and Loving It. Again, I am honoured that it has fallen to me to present this themed challenge and I've selected "SOMETHING THAT IS NORMALLY FOUND TO BE YELLOW" - and it DOESN'T mean that it has to be yellow - I'm encouraging people to think laterally, interesting to see how that works out!

Materials used:
  • C5 250 gsm white card and matching envelope
  • Kraft panel, black panel and white card panel
  • PSX image inked in Memento tuxedo black and coloured with alcohol markers
  • Distress Ink - wild honey, applied around the panel using a Tim Holtz blending tool
  • Cream ribbon coloured using alcohol markers
Anyway, As my regular readers will know, I hit my favourite stamp supply store on Friday, Violettes in Lakeland, Florida. I love this store as the owner, Diana, keeps refreshing her stores look and keeps current with the must have images and stamp manufacturers. I saw that she's taken on board the Dylusions ink sprays, templates and stamps this trip as well as stocking Tim Holtz Distress markers - though I only succumbed to a fabulous turquoise ink spray.

As you might imagine, I could hardly wait to get some of the images inky. I made my LIM CAS entry over on the Simply Less Is More blog (which was also themed YELLOW) using a new PB image and here are two more projects I'd like to share with you .......



Materials used:
  • 12.5cm 250 gsm white card and matching envelope
  • Black, Purple and white card panels to form layersArt Impressions GIRLFRIENDS image and sentiment from the Out to lunch set, inked with Hero Arts HUES in black.
  • Alcohol markers to colour image 
  • EK Success retro punch in medium, cutting two white flowers which were then coloured using alcohol markers and then pierced with a sugared pink brad
  • Glossy accents on glasses and "china"
  • Crystal stickles to highlight



Materials used:ATC blank
  • Black card cut to ATC size
  • Penny Black "Breezy" image inked in versamark ink and then dusted with red, pink and blue mica powders
  • Fiskars sentiment inked in Color Box white
  
Hope you like my projects today. Enjoy your Sunday - here's hoping that the weather is kind to you this Bank Holiday weekend.

5 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Love the sunflower.

Katina said...

Wow, Kathy!! Your sunflower card is stunning - what a gorgeous stamp! I love your second card - fab image and brilliant sentiment!
xx

Brenda Brown said...

Love your pieces Kathy, you have certainly been having fun.
hugs {brenda} xox

Lilian said...

Kathy love the cards.The Sunflower is lovely.
Hugs Lilian

Katiejane said...

I adore sunflowers, this is so pretty Kathy.
Katie