Thursday, 24 May 2012

Thursday again, it'll soon be the weeken at this rate!

Hi there,

A few of things to share with you today and only two will involve pan pastels (my current fave). So, starting with the pan pastels cards - I can't believe the coverage of these babies! If not for the time taken to mount the image panel and cut the ribbon then the second card would have been made in about a minute!!! I LOVE CAS and I LOVE Pan Pastels but ..... bad  news folks, my cheap hairspray (which I've been using as sealant) ran out!!! Guess this means we'll be nipping to a store nearby - to buy a new can. I usually buy a travel size as I don't use it on my hair and a teeny tiny can takes up less room. Of course, the first one below DID take longer to produce but - you KNEW that, didn't you?


Materials used:
  • 12.5 cm square white 250 gsm card and matching envelope
  • 12 cm grey card panel
  • 11.5 cm black card panel
  • 11 cm white card panel
  • Pan pastels: red tint, yellow ochre, magenta, violet, grey
  • Versamark ink pad used to stamp my inkadinkado circles, Penny Black circles and Recollections splats
  • Hero Arts HUES black ink used to stamp my Fancy Pants Designs Sentiment and Inkadinkado MEADOW thistles
 
Woo Hoo I am loving how this is working for me - the PP's blend so beautifully




Materials used:
  • 12.5 cm square white 250 gsm card and matching envelope
  • Grey card panel
  • Black card panel
  • White card panel
  • Inkadinkado image inked using versamark ink on to white card panel and then grey pan pastel applied using cut and dry and sealed with the last of my cheap hairspray
  • Clearly Wordsworth sentiment inked using Hero Arts HUES in black
  • Black/white ribbon cut in "V" shape and adhered behind panel before adhering image panel to base card
  


Materials used:
  • 12.5cm square white 250 gsm card and matching envelope
  • Black card panel
  • Blue metallic DCWV linen effect card panel edged with EKSuccess punch
  • White card panel edged with Hero Arts HUES in black
  • Sparkle 'n Sprinkle image inked using Hero Arts HUES in black
  • Alcohol markers to colour
  • Faux crystal gemstones in place of buttons on image dress
  • Blue glitter "water drops" in the centre of the punched circles
  • Inkadinkado sentiment inked using Hero Arts HUES in black
  • STIX2 double sided tape adhered top to bottom before adhering image panel and then sky blue glitter applied

Hope you like both projects and yes, the Sparkle 'n Sprinkle (Becca with tulips) image was acquired at my recent foray to the Scrap Booking and Stamping expo in Kissimmee. 

Happy Thursday, we're out this evening with our neighbours, Len and Koreen - no idea where we'll go but I'm SURE we'll find somewhere!, and before you ask - no, I'm not taking my PP's with me!!


6 comments:

Katiejane said...

Wow, think I'm in love with that first card, it's totally stunning. The layout is so funky. You are deffinately doing a great job with those PP I can see why it was a tragedy when your sealent ran out! Hope you get more soon.
Have a great day and evening with your neigbours.
Katie x

Terry said...

All three are just wonderful, Kathy! Love how you used the PP, which I have not tried! Have a great Thursday!

Debs M said...

woohoo! great makes x

Brenda Brown said...

You are on a roll with these Kathy, love the first particularly.
Hope you had a good evening.
hugs {brenda} xox

My name is Wynneth said...

Your first card is truly AWESOME miss kathy - boy have you mastered those PPs LOL I love all your creations, but my jaw hit the ground when I saw the first one !!
luv
wynneth
x

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Loving ALL these. I really MUST MUST MUST get some PanPastels. Between you and Eileen . . . you are making my wish list LONGER AND LONGER! xxx