Wednesday, 23 May 2012

Wednesday again and more Pan Pastel experiments to share!

Hello readers,

Boy oh boy, I am LOVING these Pan Pastels but then, everyone with some has said that I would!!!

I have a few experiments to share with you today, the first one was just indulgence, I bought this lovely La Blanche image at the Scrap Booking and Stamping Expo in Kissimmee last Friday and wanted to get it inky, the second was an experiment in layering and the third? Well I decided to see if I could "paint" with pan pastels and (just to make it more interesting) chose to use chunks of cut and dry to paint with!! Did it work? I leave that to you to judge - be nice!



Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • La Blanche image inked using versamark embossing ink
  • Pan Pastel MAGENTA applied over the whole ATC
  • Cut and dry square
  • Cheap Hairspray as a fixative

Phase 1 of my layering experiment

I masked and set each colour before proceeding to the next colour
PHASE 2

And then I did the same, but in the opposite direction - may not have been my best colour choice but hey ....
PHASE 4

Then I inked my sentiment and image - the dye ink took a little longer to dry because of the hairspray used as sealant

PHASE 4 - the finished project

Added a black card mat and VOILA!!!
Materials used:
  • White card offcut, trimmed once the image panel was completed
  • Black card cut to slightly larger than image layer
  • White 250 gsm C6 card and matching envelope
  • Pan Pastels
  • Cut and dry squares
  • Cheap Hairspray
  • Low Tack double sided tape
  • Inkadinkado image from the MEADOW set
  • Clearly Wordsworth sentiment
  • Hero Arts HUES ink in black



Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Art Impressions image inked using Versamark embossing ink
  • Cut and dry squares to apply pan pastels: red tint, violet and magenta
  • Cheap hairspray to set
So, no prizes for guessing what the predominant item on my workdesk might be this week then!!!



Have a fab Wednesday everyone.


7 comments:

My name is Wynneth said...

WOW ! you have been busy with your new PPs, I love them all, but am especially fond of the layered technique. You have created a truly stunning finished card with it and I don't think you made any 'wrong' choices with colours ;oD Awesome work Sweetie, makes me want to abandon the ironing (booo hisss !) and get playing, maybe I could 'earn' some crafting time ? Two hours ironing = 1 hour crafting? what do you think? heee...heee...
luv
wynneth
x

scrappyjacky said...

You've certainly been busy....love that first one.

Ardyth said...

I love that geometric background - just stunning!

Cheryl said...

oh wow Hun,you have been busy each and everyone a master piece love them,hugs Cherylxxxxxx

Debs M said...

loving the pastels, great makes! x

Lilian said...

Love all the cards Kathy.The layered one is really great well done you, Hugs lilian

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Fab experiments. Very useful to those of us who have yet to buy some PanPastels. Thanks for sharing x