Tuesday, 22 May 2012

Welcome to another sunny Tuesday

and here's hoping that's the kind of weather you all have, as you read this!! Morning readers!

A couple of cards made using my new Pan Pastels - still getting used to how they differ from chalks and pastels but liking the journey so far! I wanted to be able to use these bad boys in my journaling so thought this was something I should crack on with right away but ....... still haven't decided on which sort of journal to get, should I go with spiral bound or regular book and what sort of paper and weight for the pages? HELP, help me NOW you journalers out there ........ PLEASE!!!

I cracked on with two cards this morning, one I stamped BEFORE I started with the pan pastels and one I stamped afterwards - one using pastel colours and the other much bolder - love to hear your thoughts ..... if you can spare a moment to comment.



Materials used:
  • 12.5 cm square white 250 gsm card and matching envelope
  • 12.3 cm square black card panel
  • 12 cm white card panel
  • On to the white card I stamped my Dylusions dot image four times using Brilliance pearlescent orchid. Inkadinkado image (twice) and my Clearly Wordsworth sentiment using Hero Arts HUES ink in black and set this aside to dry.
  • Once this was dry I applied a pale pink pan pastel over the card panel and sprayed with cheap hairspray to set.
  • Next I applied the pale violet to the top 2/3rds of the card, blending the edges and again set with hairspray.
  • Finally, I used the deeper violet pan pastel to the top 1/3 and again set using hairspray before matting on to the black card panel and then on to the base card.



Materials used:
  • 12.5 cm square white 250 gsm card and matching envelope
  • 12.5cm square black panel
  • 12 cm square white panel dragged with yellow/orange, cerise and violet pan pastel which were then set using cheap hairspray - I don't have proper pastel fixative!!
  • Dylusions harlequin and circles images inked in Memento sweet plum but stamped off once before each impression.
  • Wine cork dragged across ink pads before "stamping" on to panel
  • Various plastic "tops" either dragged through ink or pearlised paint and applied to panel
  • Credit card dragged through Ranger Archival jet black ink pad, to draw lines
  • After this had dried I inked my Clearly Wordsworth sentiment and my Inkadinkado grasses image using Hero Arts HUES in black and stamped where I thought it looked best


Hope you like the way my pan pastel journey is going. I've also tried some finer colouring using the sofft small fine sponge on an image received with a birthday card (thanks Louise)

Materials used:
  • Stamped image coloured using pan pastels, Crystal Glamour Dust and Sparkle 'n Sprinkle TOMATO tinsel glitter - what a fab colour it is too.

I haven't quite made up my mind how I plan to use this image.

Have a fab Tuesday


7 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

And it's even sunny here as well!!
Love your first card.

Viv's Visuals said...

Lovely cards Kathy - would be hard to choose between them both!

Debs M said...

ooh tough to choose between the first 2! love both and the cat and bauble are fabby x

Cherry said...

Loving those colours Kathy. Looks like they are fab for everything. As for journals mmmmmm. I've now three on the go and think it may just grow. I'm really liking the larger A4 Daler Rowney bound one at the mo - good size and I like sticking the pages together to make it a bit more sturdy - tip from Christy Tomlinson. I'd get a couple and play to be honest Kathy. I'm not being much help. Clare might have a better answer. Hugs Cherry XxX

Lauren Hatwell said...

Tomato Tinsel! Tomato Tinsel! Whoop Whoop! Scrumptious! The Pan Pastels are panning out well :oD Your cards are stunning and its fascinating seeing what you used to make the different lines, circles and splodges. Looks like you found another great excuse to crack open a bottle of wine and whip out the credit card there Kathy. I salute you ;o). Lx

Cheryl said...

oh just love these to bits,Hun,those backgrounds you have created are just amazing,and just love the effect on,the cat Hun,brilliant,as for journals,Hun,have you tried,using an old book with a hard back cover,sticking lots of the pages together,then,painting,and adding,elements Hun that is how I started one,also you could use,chipboard for the covers,and,then just add card,which you have,embellished,and then just add each page to,the book.Try this link Hun,http://www.artisttradingpost.com/journaling-supplies-183-c.asp hugs,Cherylxxxx
http://www.artisttradingpost.com/journaling-supplies-183-c.asp

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Hmm . . .cant decide between them! xxx