Friday, 18 May 2012

Welcome to the start of the weekend ... and the Friday Funny

Morning folks,

I've scheduled this post today as I'm at the Orlando Scrap booking and Stamping Expo at the wondrous Gaylord Palms in Kissimmee. I'm HOPING to have a splendid time with loads of buys to show you tomorrow - watch this space!!

In the meantime, here are a few makes .... the first one you see has been made using some of my new stash acquired at Whimsodoodle in St Petersburg yesterday - the limited edition Tim Holtz Distress Inks and a TCW 6" x 6" mask. I'm loving these new colours - how about you?



Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • White card also cut to ATC size
  • Distress Inks: Shaded Lilac, Peacock Feathers and Squeezed Lemonade
  • TCW266 template used with D.I. shaded lilac
  • Penny Black circles image inked in D.I. shaded lilac
  • Studio112 sentiment and image inked in Hero Arts HUES black
Finished project edged using Ranger Archival jet black



Materials used:
  • ATC blank with two corners rounded, ATC edged using Ranger Archival jet black
  • Tim Holtz harlequin image inked in Memento lulu lavender
  • Recollections splats inked in Brilliance purple
  • Inkadinkado drip and splat inked in Brilliance orchid
  • Hampton Art steampunk image inked in Memento sweet plum and coloured using three copic markers



Materials used:
  • ATC blank coloured using Memento lulu lavender
  • Tim Holtz check image inked in Studiog lilac
  • Inkadinkado circles inked in Brilliance purple and Memento sweet plum
  • Studiog flower heads inked in Memento grape jelly and highlighted using crystal stickles

Dinner last evening turned out to be the wondrous Manny's in Haines City. Now we got there 15 minutes before it opened (we're well used to waiting in line for this place as it's THAT good). Not only did they open 10 minutes ahead of time as there was a line but they were NOT quite full as we left (unlike us!!!). THIS is pretty unusual and, I hope, not a common occurrence. Manny's ROCKS!






And now for the Friday Funny which, this week, comes from Alma Harrison - thanks Alma. It's called THE RESIGNATION LETTER - ENJOY!!!



Dear Boss:



I'm resigning effective immediately!


The reason for my resignation is that I cleaned my aunt's garage this morning before coming to work, and realised I don't feel like working anymore.



You gotta wonder why huh!?!?!?!??!?


Have a great weekend everyone

1 comment:

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous makes Kathy and I have just got the new colours but not experimented yet. Looks like Manny's is a great place to be.
Have a great weekend.
hugs {brenda} xox