Tuesday, 5 June 2012

Happy Tuesday

Hi there,

Now that the Jubilee weekend is nearly over, have you enjoyed it? Have you been following the Queen's celebrations? I must be honest that I have not been following but do know many people have not only watched but thousands have made the journey to London to be a part of it and I bet the atmosphere was like a carnival.

Last evening my pal, Liz, came to visit - her hubby has been away for the weekend, restoring a vintage car with a friend so we invited Liz to join us for dinner. Now you may or may not know that I am more or less COMPLETELY undomesticated and very seldom cook. In fact, there seem to be just two dishes that I cook reasonably well and the rest I just ignore! I am extremely fortunate that not only is my husband a damn fine cook but he actually ENJOYS it and I enjoy letting him! ...... but I digress - my culinary prowess is more or less confined to Chili and soup - so, can you guess what I served my good friend? YEP, Chili! Turned out to be one of my better ones too AND there was enough left over for two more servings which are now safely in the freezer. It was nice to catch up with Liz, as we've not seen her since March .... and thanks for the birthday present and card too - you should have seen the card....



How well they know me?! As a huge fan of Ozzy Osborne and a serial shopper - just look at two of the gifties



I set the June challenge sketch over on the Craftbubble group SCRAP ADDICTS and Clare's challenge on CRAFT MAD and LOVING IT was "Open a bottle", albeit a bottle of beer in this instance!! I chose a photo that my hubby took of me, on my birthday, at a smashing Thai restaurant in Orlando, Florida - Hope you like it - I looked at a number of papers before settling on the hand made paper and mulberry paper. The patterned panel to the left is actually pan pastels (go figure!) over versamarked stamped images. The row of dots across the top is another image from the same set but brushed with mica instead. I also used a Martha Stewart corner punch, a computer generated bit of journaling and two grey faux pearls which, sadly, don't show up too well in the photo!



Have a great Tuesday


7 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Love the 'pole dancing'!!!! And the layout looks great.

Debs M said...

that picture is WRONG! love the gifts and fab scrap page x

Kathyk said...

on so many levels!!!!! My pal bought it as the phrase is one I use ...... a lot, apparently!!!

Kathryn said...

Omg that image did not help my hangover lol great post as always xxx

Brenda Brown said...

Happy Tuesday, just flitting by before my internet disappears on me again.
Enjoy your week.
hugs {brenda} xox

My name is Wynneth said...

Yes Kathy, I'm one of the 'sad' people who have been following the Jubilee events on TV most of the weekend LOL So pleased that the chilli evening went well. What an amazing card heee..hee. and I love your two gifties - perfick !

Great LO, did I ever doubt that there would be PP's on it? LOL

luv
wynneth
x

Cheryl said...

oh Hun,that did make me laugh he he that is,one great image,love your gifts,how super are they,love the layout too,just perfect hugs Cherylxxxxxx