Wednesday, 27 June 2012

Hump Day Wednesday - downhill to the weekend!!

Huzzah! - to the "downhill to the weekend" part!

It's dawned as a dull and grey (but mercifully DRY) day here today though dawn IS about the right word as those dang blasted crows got me out of bed before 05:00 this morning and it was nearly 06:30 before I was able to get back off to sleep. Needless to say, bleary is about the right word to describe me this morning. I went downstairs with the express intention of setting the washer going but took coffee cups instead of laundry so now it's 09:27 as I type this and still no laundry under way - oopsie, is this how it's going to be today?

Looks like it so I'd best get on and share my crafting projects and then head off to start the great washathon!



Materials used:
  • 12½ cm square white, scallop edged 300 gsm card and matching envelope
  • Post Its to mask a random shape
  • Cosmetic sponge - used to apply Distress Ink - Squeezed Lemonade - to masked area
  • Marion Emberson Designs image and sentiment inked using Memento tuxedo black

So, that was a simple card and it reminded me of just how much I LOVE the post it technique and my Distress Inks so I tried another ......



Materials used:
  • 12½ cm square white 250 gsm card and matching envelope
  • Post Its to mask random shapes
  • Distress Inks (starting with the colour applied first): Squeezed Lemonade, Spiced Marmalade, Barn Door and finally Peacock Feathers
I HAD planned to use the same Marion Emberson design but changed my mind this morning and went with just the Marion Emberson sentiment (inked in London Fog) and a Sunshine Designs bold floral image inked in Memento tuxedo black and highlighted using crystal stickles ..... like it?



And finally, since it IS What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday ...... here is what's on my work desk .... messy isn't it? Someone once told me that a cluttered desk is a sign of GENIUS but I remain rather less than convinced when I can't find anything!



Have a great Wednesday


7 comments:

Lilian said...

Love the cards Kathy. i see you used the stamp you brought yesterday.

The saying is right about a meesy desk. Mine looks like that right now as I am sorting everything out. Hugs lilian

Viv's Visuals said...

Fab cards - and of course a messy desk means you're a genius... it's a sign of creativity!!

clare said...

fab cards kathy. i love those layered DI's in the second card and sparkle looks great. hope the washing is going well...!!

Ardyth said...

Love that post-it technique - definitely a must try!

My name is Wynneth said...

Two fabulous cards kathy, although I do think the second one is awesome !! You got all those colours to work together just right and the image sparkled up with perfect on there. That's a great sentiment too.

Messy desk means that not only are you a genious, but a busy one too LOL

luv
wynneth
x

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Happy WOYWW Kathy. LOVING your work here. Very retro but modern looking! How do you do that!!!!

Thanks for visiting today x

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Debs M said...

woohoo LOVE that second one..blingtastic x