Friday, 15 June 2012

It's Friday bit it feels like a wet weekend!

I hope it won't be but it's been raining pretty much ever since we came back from Florida - my tan's turned to rust stains!

Our break in Cornwall (also pretty soggy incidentally) seems like ages away instead of the two days it really is. I'm already looking forward to a trip to Newbury in early July, for the Art Stamps expo, when I hope to meet up with some of my craft-y buddy's. Worked last year anyway, five of us met up and spent the day together.
Some of my regular readers will have noticed the absence of my slideshow of work recently ..... you may also notice that IT'S BACK today!!! I tried all sorts to get it to work but have ended up creating a new album and loading just a few of my recent makes in to it to get it rolling and will, obviously, be adding new makes to it. NO IDEA why the old one stopped ..... I was just getting a message which said that I had no images in the album!! DUH! Wondering whether there is a maximum content that I had reached, hence my only transferring a small amount of my recent makes to the new album ..... will see how that works out for me - fingers crossed!

Not much crafting going on yesterday - too darn wet and the rain on the windows was too distracting!


A scrap layout and another ATC to share with you today ...........




Materials used:
  • DCWV stack of papers
  • EK Success retro punch in Large and medium and a Fiskars floral punch
  • Inkadinkado dot flourish images inked in versamark
  • Pan Pastels in Bright Yellow Green, Bright Yellow Green shade and Phthalo Green
  • Computer generated journaling
  • Pan Pastel panels made whilst away using Wynneth's Stampendous dragon fly, Chocolate Baroque background image and Inkylicious sentiment, my own WOW baroque flourish background



 

Materials used:
  • ATC blank 
  • Post Its to mask
  • Distress Inks: Walnut Stain and Rusty Hinge
  • Inkadinkado Meadow image and unknown sentiment inked using Versafine onyx black ink

And now for the Friday Funny, this week courtesy of Sandra - thanks matey! It came to me in e-mail form and was called "Baptising an Irishman" - I hope that no-one will be offended by it - ENJOY.

An Irishman is stumbling through the woods, totally drunk, when he comes upon a preacher baptising people in the river.


He proceeds into the water, subsequently bumping into the preacher.


The preacher turns around and is almost overcome by the smell of alcohol, hereupon, he asks the drunk, "Are you ready to find Jesus?"


The drunk shouts, "Yes, oi am."


So the preacher grabs him and dunks him in the water.


He pulls him back and asks, "Brother, have you found Jesus?"


The drunk replies, "No, oi haven't found Jesus!"


The preacher, shocked at the answer, dunks him again but for a little longer.


He again pulls him out of the water and asks, "Have you found Jesus, me brother?"


The drunk answers, "No, oi haven't found Jesus!"





By this time, the preacher is at his wits end and dunks the drunk again -- but this time holds him down for about 30 seconds, and when he begins kicking his arms and legs about, he pulls him up. The preacher again asks the drunk, "For the love of God, have you found Jesus?"







(get ready for this.....)















The drunk staggers upright, wipes his eyes, coughs up a bit of water, catches his breath, and says to the preacher,



"Are you sure this is where he fell in?"


Have a great Friday and a fab weekend - in spite of the weather - hope it won't ruin any plans you may have.


7 comments:

Tammy Lush said...

Loving the layout Kathy. The card is lovely as well. Hugs lilian

clare said...

Fab page kathy and I've the sentiment in you ATC. X

Debs M said...

great page and atc! loving the ff too x

Bonnie said...

Great ATC, Kathy, and I love the joke!

Katiejane said...

Computers hey! I had to upgrade my blogger account as I ran out of photo space! I hope you do get to meet up with your crafty pals, a crafty get together is perfect in this rubbish weather! Bens school trip got rained off today, rain, rain and more rain!
Enjoy your weekend Kathy.
Katie x

kerenbaker said...

What a great name for a blog! Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog. The card in this post is amazing. Love it!

My name is Wynneth said...

Now I'm sure I already posted a comment on this, but can't see it anywhere - maybe you took my braincell home with you kathy? LOL Another spiffing LO and it brings back lovely memories of those few days.
luv
wynneth
x