Sunday, 3 June 2012

Lazy JUBILEE Sunday

Morning all,

I hope you all had a most excellent Saturday and are looking forward to a similar Sunday. I really hope that the weather was better where you were than it was where we were!! It rained for much of the afternoon and evening in true Public Holiday fashion!

Saturdays, for me, are usually my challenge days and I had several to choose from yesterday. I managed to complete, and post, my LIM challenge card and now I would like to share another with you - most of my challenges are now monthly which is going to leave some Saturdays a bit light on the crafting front but hey ..... I COULD always make a card for the sake of making a card!!!

Over on the craftbubble Monthly Challenge group Tinz posted the challenge for the month and it is to make a project using yellows, oranges and reds ....... fabulous combination so here's my entry.



Materials used:
  • 12½ cm square scallop edged 300 gsm white card and matching envelope
  • 11½ cm black card panel
  • 11 cm white card panel - coloured using yellow ochre and red pan pastels which, once blended with an oval Sofft tool, were set using hairspray
  • Stampers Anonymous dots image inked using Memento dandelion ink
  • Stampers Anonymous harlequin image inked using Brilliance rocket red gold
  • Personal Impressions dandelion head (in two sizes) and sentiment inked using Memento tuxedo black

Also cracked on with the new CMLI monthly challenge, set by Clare, and which was "CELEBRATE A NEW BEGINNING AND OPEN A BOTTLE"! I immediately thought of bottle presentation though I really DO have a fair few images of bottles including a rather splendid Penny Black image - might have to have a second go at this challenge then, especially as it IS open all month long.



Materials used:
  • A4 white card .... cut to 7½ cm width and coloured using Bright yellow green and violet Pan Pastels
  • A4 black card .... cut to 8½ cm width
  • Tim Holtz harlequin design inked using Memento dandelion and stamped multiple times all over white card panel
  • Lavinia image inked using Memento tuxedo black and stamped three times
  • Stampendous perfectly clear sentiment inked using Memento tuxedo black
  • Circle die cut using my Big Shot, to allow my project to hang over my chosen bottle
  • Crop-a-dile used to punch two holes in the bottom of my panel and to set two black eyelets
  • Narrow black organza ribbon, threaded throught one of the eyelets, round the back of the bottle and back through the other eyelet before tying in a bow directly in front of the central Lavinia image

I also did this card, just for the sake of it and purely to "play" some more with my Pan Pastels ......



Materials used:
  • 12½ cm 300 gsm white card and matching envelope
  • 12 cm black card panel
  • 11½ cm white card panel coloured using light grey and magenta pan pastels
  • Dark Room Door dot image inked using versamark ink and then bright yellow green pan pastel applied.
  • Birthday gift template (thanks Wynneth) placed over PP panel and versamark ink sponged through the "splats" and then Pan Pastels in bright yellow green, magenta and violet applied and then the whole panel set using hair spray
  • Art Impressions image inked using versamark and grey Pan Pastel applied to white card panel
  • Dark Room Door image inked using Versamark ink and then Pan Pastel bright yellow green applied over the top and then the panel set using hair spray.
  • Penny Black sentiment inked in Memento  tuxedo black.
  • Card panel cut to shape and mounted on black card leaving a narrow border

Hope you like yesterdays work!

Happy Sunday - hope the weather holds out for you if you have outdoor activities planned.


7 comments:

Debs M said...

loving the colours on the first card and the stamp is lovely!

wonderful idea for the cmli challenge...(one which i am still pondering over) loving the harlequin stamp and the ribbon effect.

you really do get miles and miles out of those pp's, another fabulous make x

Zippy said...

Hello Kathy, thank you so much for visiting my blog!
I just love your cards, the colours are amazing and they are so stylish! xxx

scrappyjacky said...

We must be mad.....because after the street party yesterday....we're hosting a Jubilee tea today!!

My name is Wynneth said...

Awesome projects Matey - loving the yellow, orange, red number - been over and joined the monthly challenge group, so might have a go myself. What a great idea for the bottle tag and I love your 'because I could' card, you're really getting on famously with your PPs.
luv
wynneth
x

Kathryn said...

Fabby x

Lyndal said...

Gorgeous card Kathy - LOVING the red to yellow shades and stamping :)
Many thanks for stopping by my blog too - MUCH appreciated!

kingstonmama said...

These are all lovely, but that background on the first one is simply gorgeous! Love it! Ann Y.