Monday, 11 June 2012

A mellow start to a week ....

Hi there,

Here we are - Monday again, no Bank Holiday's this week but ..... enjoy it anyway, I know I intend to.

I had to make a card and gift tag yesterday so ...... it's another pan pastel post from me - they are soooooooooooo fab that I wish I'd had them years ago. It's so quick to make something stylish. F'rinstance, the card below took just a couple of minutes and most of that time was cutting those layers!


Materials used:
  • 5" x 7" scallop edged 300 gsm white card and matching envelope
  • La Blanche image inked using versamark and then Pan Pastel permanent red applied with a sofft oval sponge before setting with hairspray.
  • Image matted on to white card, leaving a narrow border.
  • Offcut of black card edged using a Martha Stewart edging punch (from a PATP set) and a corner rounder
  • Funstamps sentiment inked using Ranger Archival jet black.

As you can see, I made a tag (using hand made paper) utilising the same image, colour and technique. For the envelope and insert I used the same image but this time inking using Brilliance rocket red gold. The present wrapping paper (red and white stripes from IKEA - classic) inspired the colour scheme and this image.

Hope you approve - look forward to reading your comments, if you can spare a moment.



9 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

It looks wonderful.

Brenda Brown said...

Like lightning you create these fabulous things, fab work with the PPs.
Happy (rainy) Monday.
hugs {brenda} xox

Cheryl said...

oh wow these are brilliant Hun I just love faces,and you have done,this too perfection hugs Cherylxxxx

Debs M said...

looks fab Kathy x

My name is Wynneth said...

Awesome kathy - see Ya laterzzzz...
luv
wynneth
x

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Absolutely FABULOUS! xxx

Darnell J Knauss said...

Lovely tag and card, Kathy! (Great word, "frinstance." You're a girl after my own heart!)

Kathyk said...

Just given the card and present (complete with its tag) and she loved it!

Kathyk

Katiejane said...

Great inspiration and card. I love that with your designs, how you carry the theme through to the insert and envelope. I must try and do that more often.