Monday, 18 June 2012

Morning, Monday again

Hi there,

Monday's come round again - seems to get quicker each week ..... or is it just me? Was it also just me or was there really nothing on the telly last evening? We ended up watching something we had recorded.

After a fab meal at the surrogates on Saturday (salmon en croute, salad and roasted new potatoes followed by a delectable sponge pudding and caramel sauce) we were both mightily glad we'd opted to walk both ways!! It may only have spent a few of those calories but ...... every little helps, I say! Funnily enouh, we didn't want much to eat yesterday either! 

Sunday dawned fair and sunny so hubby headed off to the flying field leaving me free to craft so, can anyone tell me why I didn't?

In fact, he'd come home before I actually headed to my craft space. Must be because we bought me some new storage on Saturday and I spent the whole of Saturday afternoon "moving in"!! I'm still not 100% certain I've got it right but I can, once again, see the carpet! Always a good sign. I'll post a pic (if I've still kept it tidy) for WOYWDW.

About a week or so ago I spritzed a couple of backgrounds with my recent purchases of Dylusions inks but only got to use one, so - here's a card using part of the other spritzed panel. I have roughly the same area again to use on another.



Materials used:
  • C6 300 gsm Kraft card and matching envelope
  • Two black card panels for matting
  • One white card panel sprayed using Dylusions inks in Bubblegum Pink and Vibrant Turquoise and also Perfect Pearls Sunflower Sparkle
  • Smaller white card panel used to stamp my La Blanche image using versamark ink and then pan pastels: Phthalo Green and Magenta applied, setting with pastel fixative
  • Lime ribbon from a previous gift wrap (so already tied in to the bow - how cool is that?) though I'm not so sure about the ribbon colour now I've stuck it down! DOH!

Hope you like my card - look forward to hearing your opinions regarding the ribbon too!

Have a great Monday - just think, only four more sleeps till the weekend!


5 comments:

Suzi B said...

This is gorgeous Kathy, love the colours and the images.
suzi b x

Cheryl said...

oh kathy Hun this is brilliant oh just love love,the background you have created and then,stamped that brilliant image,on top works beautifully Hun just love it,hugs Cherylxxxxxxx

Brenda Brown said...

Great one Kathy, fabulous colours and I love that stamp.
You could always try adding the PPs to your ribbon to get it to match.
Have a great week.
hugs {brenda} xox

Kathryn said...

Oh salmon on croute my fav x love the clours and that image is lovely x

My name is Wynneth said...

Gorgeous ATC kathy, I'm with you on being unsure about that colour ribbon - maybe the PP's can come to the rescue as Brenda suggested.
luv
wynneth
x