Saturday, 30 June 2012

Saturday again - it's challenge day!

Morning and welcome to Saturday,

Hard to imagine (in MY Head anyway) that we moved in to our present house on this date in 1994!!! We little envisaged still being here 29 years later. THAT was for old people who were staid and settled and yet, here am I, one of those (old) staid and settled people and can't really see myself moving on a tthis moment in time. It's handy for the motorway and the shops and it's only a seven minute walk to the station - who'd have thought this would be a factor in our choice of where we live!

Of course, we're thankful, this week in particular, that we live at the top of a hill too - with all the rain and the terrible floods we've been reading about - not something we EVER thought about when looking for a home ........ but my parents (spookily enough) also lived at the top of a hill - I obviously come from subconsciously canny stock!!!

Over on the Simply Less Is More blog there is a fresh challenge launched at 08:00 this morning. The challenge this week?

 

 

 
For their challenge they have decided to take the "Less is More" header as the inspiration. The only other stipulations are Clean And Simple and when posting you must explain which part of the logo gave you your inspiration - hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I hit the table of craftiness this morning and though masculine, always trickier (for me) than a more girlie interpretation but always handy to have in reserve - here's how it turned out. My inspiration came from the fab neutral colours of the logo and also the musical element - I think you'll see where and how!!!



Materials used:
  • 12½ cm square 250 gsm white card and matching envelope
  • 12 cm black card panel
  • 11½ cm fawn card panel
  • 11 cm white card panel
  • Inkadinkado rock star set used throughout and inked using versafine onyx black, I stamped off the musical image twice before stamping
  • Distress Ink: pumice stone applied to top and right sides using an ink duster (thanks Wynneth for the gift of an ink duster to start my collection).
  • One faux crystal gemstone - remembering it IS a masculine card - a girlie card could be made using the same design but just softer colours and more gemstones!!

 
I have candy in celebration of my 1000th post (yesterday)  for my more regular/frequent readers, if you missed my post about it then you can see it here, I have just nine names in the draw so far so, if you fancy adding to that number, check it out.

Have a fantabulous weekend. Only six more sleeps till a crafting weekend .... I have a pal coming to stay (and play) AND we're going to meet up with other like minded craft-y souls too, it's gonna be fab and (guess what?) I'm quite excited about it too.


33 comments:

Debs M said...

Love your take on this Kathy, great idea!...on countdown x

My name is Wynneth said...

What a FAB-U-LOUS LIM card kathy, those are great images and perfect for one of those 'awkward' man cards !! I've got a few ideas for one, but that's all they are still - just ideas !

Congrats on the anniversary of moving in to Chez Kirby, as you say, perfect location for your current lifestyle and safely on the top of a hill too !

I'm still totally gutted not to be able to make it to the crafty weekend - humphh :o( but with the lodgers likely to move in even earlier than previously anticipated, cancelling joining you was the only call I could make. I just KNOW you two will have an absolute ball and I'll be thinking of you whilst sobbing (not so) quietly in the corner !
luv
wynneth
x

Anne said...

Hi Kathy your crafting weekend sounds great fun! Fab card and being on top of a hill does have its advantages lol!

Glittertastic said...

This card ROCKS! fab interpretation

Sharon
x

scrappyjacky said...

Just love this for a male card,Kathy....so simple,but perfect.

nicky said...

wow love your card
Nicky

GinaA said...

This is a great layout and I love the images you have used. A truly FAB card.

clare said...

rockin' card kathy! have a good day. x

Loli. eltallerdelosrecuerdos@gmail.com said...

Hola Kathy, i hope a happy life in your new home:d
Fantastic rock card design, well done!
A hug from the melted island

Viv's Visuals said...

Great card kathy!

Suzi B said...

fabulous images...great card!
suzi b :)

Karen said...

great card...what young man wouldn't love this one....

Cherry said...

Great card Kathy, loving the how you have been inspired. Many more happy years in your lovely home of craftiness. Can't wait til Newbury. Hugs Cherry XXX

Lynne said...

What a great take on the challenge Kathy. I never thought of using that stamp set.
Lynne xxx

Mandi said...

That's a rather splendid guitar Kathy
Terrific card, can see where you are coming from
Happy house anniversary
Thanks so much
mandi
"Less is More"

Lilian said...

What a lovely card Kathy. You have a lot of talent.
Hugs lilian

Vicki Dutcher said...

Nice inspired card -- great for a masculine card

Kimberley said...

Fabulous!

Linby said...

Stay at the top of the hill Kathy! Of course depending on how steep it is it will be getting back up it in later years LOL!
Great take on the challenge. I love this image.
Linbyx

Marijke said...

beautiful card

Anita/AniLi said...

Hi Kathy, great card!

Anita from Sweden

Suze Bain said...

Super card Kathy, that's a fab guitar stamp. xx

Berni Cuttino said...

You rock the take on this sketch, so fun and cheery. Love it. Thanks for the sweet love. Hugs

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous card.
luv
Debby

Claudia said...

Hi Kathy, thats a great card and those stamps are very interesting.
Thanks for your new visit and your lovely comment on my blog.
Hugs Claudia

Kim S said...

Your card ROCKS!! Perfect use of the colors!

Craftilicious said...

Brilliant interpretation Kathy - the guitar works so well!
Tara

Victoria said...

"My inspiration came from the fab neutral colours of the logo and also the musical element - I think you'll see where and how!!!" Nope, can you point it out to me?!!!! Seriously, fab design! I really love this stamp. It's amazing how masculine a flourish can look!

Lucille K said...

Oh, this is a great take on the header, just love this card :)

Diane said...

Beautifully made card, I have this set and I have to say its so useful, I tend to use it to make quite jazzy cards but doesn'tt it look nice with this colour palette!!

Linda said...

Love this, great take on the challenge.
Have a lovely crafting weekend, sounds like fun! xx

Grenouille Greetings said...

Lovely! Kathy! Super flourishy musical stamps in keeping with the music of the header and yet so different. Hugs, Lesley

Susheel said...

Love your creation Kathy

x