Saturday, 16 June 2012

Saturday morning and it's dull, grey and pretty blowy out there!

Hi there,

 
So, it would seem like a day for crafting!

 
Here we are at Saturday once more and I hope you all have some plans for the weekend, though many of them MAY have to be indoors as the forecast is far from great, particularly for today - good luck though!

 
Saturday is normally my day for challenges and the ladies over at the Simply Less Is More blog have come up with a new challenge for us ..... a Clean And Simple card with the theme of SOMETHING SHINY.

 
Yesterday I managed to finish the kindle e-book I was reading and a second scrap layout of our recent Cornish mini break with friends. Since I can't share the book with you I'll just share the layout!

 

 

 
Again, I used the offcuts from the DCWV stack used on the first layout, two EK Success retro punches and a Fiskars flower punch as well as the same Inkadinkado dot flourish images, versamark ink and phthalo green pan pastel (set with fixative - yes, I FINALLY moved it to somewhere I could reach!).

I've now had the chance to complete my Simply Less Is More card - well the first one anyway!, so here it is ....



 Materials used:
  • 12½ cm square white 250 gsm card and matching envelope
  • Penny Black sentiment and bauble image, both inked using Versafine black onyx ink
  • Pan Pastels in Phthalo Green and Permanent Red applied to baubles and set with fixative
  • Crystal stickles to highlight the ribbon areas
  • Glossy Accents used to make the baubles SHINY!

And here's a bit of a close up which will, hopefully, show you the shine!



 
Have a great Saturday and try to keep your feet dry! As for me, I think it might be back to the craft table!

Laterz .....

 

 

38 comments:

Scrapmate said...

That's a fab C-card. I keep meaning to get started on them. You put me to shame!

Jan Ltc said...

Fab LIm card & LO xx Jan

Loli said...

Hola Kathy, perfect shiny card for christmas, only in 6 months:D, beautiful scarp page, happy hours i think:D
A hug from Palma

Viv's Visuals said...

Cold wet and windy here so the craft table for me too! Great blingy card Kathy - love the stamp and the shiny baubles look fab!

scrappyjacky said...

Great LO and cards.
It's quite sunny here.....but very blowy.

Kimberley said...

You're very organised Misses - thinking about Christmas already - great card.

Debs M said...

great lo and love the lim card x

Suzilou said...

What a great stamp and love it with the sparkle :)

Inkyfingers said...

This is so pretty Kathy and the green shine really shows it off. It is very wet here too - what happened to summer?

Anne said...

Ooh I love your bauble stamp! Fab card

Vicky Hayes said...

Wow Kathy - I really like your Christmas card with its touches of shine! It's definitely crafters' weather! Vicky x

Mandi said...

Terrific card bauble card Kathy
The colouring of the sketchy image is no mean feat
Love it!
Thanks very much
mandi
"Less is More"

lin_ka1 said...

Wonderful stamp. Your card looks sensational :)

Deanna said...

Great LIM card love the image and the sparkle:)

Chrissie said...

Lovely card Kathy, I love the twinkle!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Jane said...

Great glittery, shiny card - lovely baubles.

Marijke said...

thanks for visiting my blog and your lovely comment. This card is so beautiful, I think I'm going to use the idea for my Chrismas cards, really love it.

Meadie said...

Gorgeous card - I love your shine! hugs x x

Susan said...

Well, look at you! I didn't know you scrapbooked! Lovely page! Your LIM card is just perfect! Love all the sparkly/shine on the Christmas baubles!

Carole said...

Very pretty Kathy, the glimmer is fab and it all came together wonderfully.

M said...

Great glittery ornament, love it! M x

Suze Bain said...

That's a super stamp Kathy, loving that glittery bow! xx

Brenda Brown said...

Great layout and card Kathy.
hugs {brenda] xox

Aileen said...

Love the baubles kathy. I feel all festive looking at them especially with the glitter. x

KatzElbows said...

A beautiful card. I'm really impressed with the way you coloured in the sketchy image. Very impressive.

cheers, rachel #51 (on the linky thing)

GinaA said...

A truly wonderful card, just love that bauble image and the colouring is super.

Sarah's Little Snippets said...

I love your CAS christmas card Kathy, the sparkle is gorgeous on the baubles :) Sarah x

Daen'Ys said...

A fantastic Christmas card! The baubles are so beautiful shiny.

Daen'Ys

Susheel said...

Fab card Kathyk. Love the colours on it.

x

Roxie said...

How nice, the sparkle looks great and you really did a nice job capturing it in the photo...wonderful holiday card!

Maggie J said...

Lovely christmas card I must get going with mine but this is a good bit of inspiration.
Maggie J

Linda said...

Lovely card Kathy, you've done shiny perfectly! Glad I'm not the only one who's been doing Christmas cards xx

Craftilicious said...

Great card - I love the sketchy feel to the stamp adds lots of interest with the twinkle!

Claudia said...

Hi Kathy, I tried to blog yesterday in my bed, but my mobile seems to be tooo old....
I really want to say, great. You know I have the same christmas ball stamp since year, but never was happy with any of the creations I made with it. Your card is "simple" and so effectful, just great. Thanks for the inspiration.
Thanks also for your visit of my blog and your sooo lovely comment.
Hugs Claudia

Marlena M. said...

Awesome layout and lovely Christmas card!

Bonnie said...

I love those pretty ornaments and especially the sparkly ribbon, Kathyk!

Diane said...

Fantastic design, really stylish. Have enjoyed looking at some of your fab new projects, I really want to start an art journal and I'm intrigued by the glue stick technique.....something else for me to try.....thanks for sharing.
Diane

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Hi Kathy

Love your card and those shiny and sparkly baubles!

Tina
X