Friday, 1 June 2012

A scrap challenge for June and the Friday Funny

Hi there fellow bloghounds!,

How's your week going? Well, here we are at Friday and the weekend really starts here.

I'm so excited - yesterday I spoke to a lovely lady at The Treasury craft store in Kidderminster and my pal, Cherry, and I are now booked on a 2½ hour Pan Pastel workshop on June 9th - YAY! I am really looking forward to this. I was lucky enough to get some pan pastels for my birthday recently and have been (as many will have spotted) LOVING them - it seemed like too good an opportunity to pass up and Kidderminster is close enough to get to without having to set the alarm too early!

On the not very exciting at all front, I also went for my post vacation prune at the hairdressers! Boy, does that sunshine make your hair grow!!! I now feel MUCH tidier although, since I'm going to give growing out my fringe (bangs) a try, I do still feel like I'm looking through curtains so that MAY not work!

Back to the crafting .....

There's a new scrap booking layout challenge over on craftbubbles Scrap Addicts group and this time it's my turn to present the challenge. I've chosen a sketch and here it is ...


Hope you like it, if you want to have a go then follow the link above - it's open to all members of Craftbubble. Not a member? It's free to join and no obligation - simply go to http://www.craftbubble.com/ and create an account with a forum name and your e-mail address.

I also managed, right at the last minute and on the last day of May, managed an entry for the natural fibres challenge over on craftbubble's Monthly Craft Challenge
  
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Tim Holtz checker image inked using versamark ink
  • Pan Pastels in brown and peach, set using hair spray - till my fixative spray arrives - it IS on its way!
  • Inkadinkado circles image inked in Memento rich cocoa
  • Lost Coast Designs crow inked in Memento tuxedo black on to white card, cut out and adhered using Colall glue
  • Crop-a-dile to make two holes through which to thread the natural fibre - in this case, twine ...... and twice!
  
And it's not Friday without a Friday Funny so, without further ado, this week's Friday Funny comes courtesy of WYNNETH and came to me in an e-mail entitled "Dog for sale" - ENJOY .........



DOG FOR SALE

  
A man sees a sign outside a house - 'Talking Dog For Sale.' He rings the bell, the owner appears and tells him the dog can be viewed in the back garden.

  
The man sees a very nice looking Labrador Retriever sitting there.

"Do you really talk?" he asks the dog.

"Yes," the Labrador replies.

After recovering from the shock of hearing the dog talk, the man asks, "So, tell me your story."

  
The Labrador looks up and says, "Well, I discovered that I could talk when I was pretty young. I wanted to help the government, so I told the SAS.

"In no time at all they had me jetting from country to country, sitting in rooms with spies and world leaders, because no one imagined that a dog would be eavesdropping. I was one of their most valuable spies for eight years".

  
"But the jetting around really tired me out, and I knew I wasn't getting any younger so I decided to settle down. I signed up for a job at Heathrow Airport to do some undercover security work, wandering near suspicious characters and listening in.

I uncovered some incredible dealings and was awarded several medals. I got married, had a few puppies, and now I've just retired."

  
The man is amazed. He goes back into the house and asks the owner how much he wants for the dog.

"Ten quid," the owner says.

"£10!!? But this dog is absolutely amazing! Why on earth are you selling him so cheaply?"

  
"Because he's a lying b****rd, he's never been out of the garden."



Happy Friday and do have a great weekend - most of my pals seem to be going away! I sent round an e-mail to some pals (with a view to setting up dates to meet) and got mails back telling me one is off to France at the weekend, another to Italy and one to Cornwall - you KNOW who you are! Have a great break and we'll speak when you all get back.


2 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

I hope to have a go at the challenge,Kathy.

Kathryn said...

That's one of my fav jokes pmsl xx