Sunday, 24 June 2012

Sunday .... and my first mini journal page is complete!

Hi there,

Yesterday was a weird old day, first of all the weather - it actually WASN'T raining!!! YIKES. We had agreed to head to the surrogates where the husbands were going to be assembling flat pack furniture. When we got there the other surrogate daughter and partner was there so it was almost like a party. The guys spent several happy (!???) hours assembling the furniture whilst the girls chatted and young Harry was entertained! Becky made us all lunch and then she and I headed to Next looking for bedroom curtains.

The long and the short of it was that I didn't get a whole lot of crafting done! What I DID do, however, was my entry for the Paper Piecing challenge over at Simply Less Is More and also to  finish my first mini journal page.



Materials used:
  • 5" x 7" 300 gsm scallop edged white card and matching envelope
  • Kanban image and sentiment inked in Memento tuxedo black on to white card panel
  • Alcohol markers and a Wink of Stella glitter pen used to colour skin and hair.
  • Scraps of red card, pink paper and a DCWV scraplet for dress, bolero jacket and shopping bags
  • Pink paper (from the dress) and black card panels for matting
  • Three oil on water pink gemstone to embellish

Hope the ladies over on S.L.I.M. like it ..... as well as all my visitors, do please feel free to leave me a comment about this or my journal page below.

As my good friend Debs said - why not make it a double layout? SO, that's exactly the way I was going anyway but thanks Debs for reaffirming what I had thought.



Materials used:
  • Computer generated sentiments, printed on to copier paper and cut in to random shapes, run through my Xyron sticker maker and then distressed using a Tim Holtz blending tool and the excess Dusty Concord ink already on the foam pad.



Happy Sunday



22 comments:

Cheryl said...

oh Hun,how gorgeous is your card,and just love the image,but on my,the double pages are just amazing,love the words you have added and the colours just brilliant Hun,love it too,bits,glad you had a great day,hugs Cherylxxxxxx

Loli. eltallerdelosrecuerdos@gmail.com said...

Hola Kathy, fantastic piecing girl card, very chic girl:D, well done!!
A hug from the hot island

Lilian said...

Kathy. Love the card its really is lovely.
The journal is very sweet. Love the wording.
Hugs
lilian

clare said...

love your card kathy, what she got in her shopping bags...crafty stash i imagine!! the journalling on your double page, really pulls everything together and fits in with the focal image too, great stuff! x

GinaA said...

Brilliant paper piecing and love your journal page.

Debs M said...

great cas card,love the stamp!

fabulous journal pages, love the text and the dream a little dream stamp, looks great! x

My name is Wynneth said...

Great LIM card kathy, very appropriate for your day !! Retail Therapy spending other people's money is great fun LOL

Gorgeous journal pages, loving the sentiments you created. What great colours too :oD

It's dry here at the moment, but I don't expect to stay that way !!!

luv
wynneth
x

Meadie said...

Gorgeous card and such a wonderful stamp! I also love your double page, hugs x x

Marrigje said...

Great card. The sentiment is great!

Marrigje

Mandi said...

LOVE that image Kathy
My kinda thing..specially without colouring!!
All I seem to have done today is want want want
Great to see no rain huh....don't feint but the 'sun' is out this afternoon....I KNOW!!!
Thanks so much
mandi
"Less is More"

Victoria said...

Wow - at both card and journalling! Presumably she is indulging in some retail therapy of the crafting variety ?

Aileen said...

Wonderful paper piecing Kathy. Love your journal pages too. The colours are fab. x

Deanna said...

Stunning paper piecing love the image and layout of your card :)

Anne said...

What a fun card and I love your journal page, it's stunning.

Claudia said...

Hi Kathyk, that looks all so great.
Thanks also for your visit and your lovely comment on my blog.
Hugs Claudia

Mrs.B said...

Hi Kathy, I love your card, great paper piecing.
Also, love the journal page,
Avril xx

Sally said...

A fab card Kathy & perfect paper piecing.
Sally x

Katiejane said...

Awww Kathy, this is brill. I do love your abstract stuff and I adore the sentiment.
Flat pack furnicture hey? Happy doesn't spring to mind! Perhapps after a bottle or 2 of wine :)

Kimberley said...

When I grow up I wish all those sentiments for myself! Great work.

Rosemary said...

fantastic card for the LIM challenge.. wonderful paper piecing!

Diane said...

Super card and love the journalling, wonderful composition and yes it's good to dream!!!!

Jenny said...

Love the lady... she's obviously enjoyed her shopping trip!!
Fab picture to paper piece :0)
Jenny x