Thursday, 7 June 2012

Thursday ..... is it Thursday?

Or, because of the short week, does it feel like Tuesday??

Since the hubby and I retired every days like a Bank Holiday and we often have to consider what day of the week it actually is - but I'm NOT playing for sympathy here - I wouldn't have it any other way and can thoroughly recommend it.

Last evening saw the two of us, along with our friend and neighbour, Debbie, heading to the local Indian restaurant. We've been without a curry for over six weeks as we've never really found one we like in Florida though we did find an Indian buffet restaurant in San Francisco - but that's an awfully long way to go ..... from Orlando!!! And, surprise surprise, I DIDN'T have my usual butter bean curry but tried something different (and super yummy) - mmmm. After dinner it was back to Debbie's for a continued chat and then home - a little too much wine perhaps but .......

Talking about San Francisco, as I was (earlier), I decided to start a couple of layouts recording our recent trip to that very fair city ........ I started yesterday by glue-ing a street map on to a 12" x 12" sheet and then gesso-ing over it. It didn't work well so I thought I would start to cover it up - that was where it all went horribly wrong and what you see below is, well, plan B!!!!

I took a blank white 12" x 12" sheet, a couple of images and my (now) trusty pan pastels and set to work - within minutes I had this .....



Materials used:
  • Pan pastels in violet, bright yellow green, yellow ochre, magenta and turquoise shade
  • Images used (in conjunction with versamark ink) Dylusions dots and harlequin, Paper Artsy lines and a Tim Holtz clock
Obviously - not much of a layout here so I grabbed some ephemera from our trip and started laying it out ...... then I printed off a photo from our trip - the one I used is simply a shot of the centre of San Francisco as taken from the open top bus tour! I printed off a computer generated title which simply says "We left our hearts in San Francisco" and the dates of our trip. I printed the text in turquoise and put a purple border around the text - to match the colours used. The maps have been positioned and glued so that the booklets will (if removed from the scrap books protective wallet) open up to full size.




Happy Thursday - just think, only one more sleep till the weekend! ENJOY


8 comments:

Debs M said...

great idea x

Kathryn said...

Fabby plan B ha ha looks great x

My name is Wynneth said...

This is just plain faberooney young kathy. Excellent PP background and a great idea to put the whole maps onto the LO - wonderful memories eh? Day started here in the normal fashion, bucketing down, but it seems to have abated somewhat and there is a bright light in the sky - not prepared to stick my neck out and say the sun is shining, but live in hope LOL
luv
wynneth
x

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Looks good to me! x

Brenda Brown said...

Love how those PPs brought it all together and so quickly too. A great memory for you.
hugs {brenda} xox

clare said...

Great page kathy, love the bright pp's. Yes, I'm not sure what day of the week it is either!

Craftyrose said...

Fab project Kathy and take it from me it's definitely Thursday. I always know how far away Friday is! Is it wrong to live for weekends???Xx Big hugs and thanks too for your thoughtful card. xxx

Katiejane said...

A great layout, very "Old School" scrapbooking which I love and miss I have to say. I do like the pretty embellished pages but when it comes to memories -there's nothing like a ticket stub, brochure and receipt is there?
Katie x