Tuesday, 19 June 2012

What? MORE Pan Pastels to share with you!

Hi there,

Thanks to Brenda Brown for her comment yesterday on my lime green ribbon "faux pas" and her suggestion to use pan pastels. I coloured using a sofft tool and the magenta pan pastel - much better - thanks, Brenda.

I also mentioned when posting yesterday's project that I had the same sort of size of spritzed panel left to use and here's what I did with it ...... making sure I was happier with the ribbon BEFORE I went mad with the glue!



Materials used:
  • 12½ cm square white, 250 gsm card and matching envelope
  • 12 cm black card panel
  • 11½ cm white card panel spritzed using Dylusions inks in Bubblegum Pink and Vibrant Turquoise and Perfect Pearls spritz in Sunflower Sparkle
  • White organza ribbon, coloured using mulberry Pro Marker and tied in an off centre bow
  • White card panel stamped with a Crafty Individuals image inked in versamark ink before applying phthalo green pan pastel and set using fixative
  • Black card for matting with a very narrow border.

Inside the card and on the envelope I stamped the same image in Memento London fog and then inked my Kaisercraft GET WELL SOON sentiment using Versafine onyx black ink

Yesterday I nipped in to our local hospital to visit my pal, Dorothy, who's had the misfortune to be in need of a replacement knee. Sadly, she's been in a while and has had her operation cancelled several times in quick succession for one reason and another. She's scheduled to have her op today so please join me in hoping that this time the operation takes place - Get Well Soon, Dorothy.

I've scheduled this post to appear around the time I should be sipping coffee and chatting with another pal, Andrea. We meet every few weeks and set the world to rights over coffee and the occasional bun or donut but, because I've been away, we've not had the chance since April! Boy there's going to be some catching up to do!


Happy Tuesday everyone.

9 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Now THAT is a feast for the eyes Kathy. Love those colours together and the ribbon is gorgeous. Top marks I think :oD

Lx

Cheryl said...

oh Hun,hope the op goes okay,and they do not cancel know what its like as i Had mine,cancelled,3 times too,
as for your card just love the colours,and the,stamp you have used,super design,hugs Cheryl xxxx

Junibears said...

Your card is lovely! Just perfect! Happy visitting with your friends. Hope that knee op goes well! xx

scrappyjacky said...

The ribbon matches perfectly.

My name is Wynneth said...

This is just plain gorgeously lush kathy !! Fablyous colours, what a wonderful background you created.

I've finally caught up with your posts I've missed as I've been MIA for the past few days. Not feeling on top of the world, and lots of stuff to do. Yesterday Jacqueline came round for some crafting fun we me and Dad and then Annie turned up, so lots of catching up. After everyone had gone I was totally exhausted though :o( Hope you enjoy your coffee and catch up with Andrea - will email you later.
luv
wynneth
x

Karen M said...

This is lovely, Kathy! Beautiful idea! You sure do love purple!! Kx

Debs M said...

love that mix of colours x

Brenda Brown said...

Glad you liked the change to the ribbon and that it worked well.
Love this card, another great background and stamp.
hugs {brenda} xox

Lilian said...

love the card Kathy. The colours are great. Hope your pal has had her operation and is on the road to recovery.
Hugs lilian