Wednesday, 20 June 2012

Woo Hoo - I've started my art journal!

This is my second post of the day so, if you've missed my first one and would like to stop by (and I'd love to see you there too) then please follow the link here

At last, my first journal page ......

Here's how it happened ...................................................


Materials used:
  • Ebony multi media album - two pages glued together
  • White gesso to seal and prepare
  • Layer 1: yellow and white acrylic paints applied together using a baby wipe in a right to left motion
  • Layer 2: purple and silver acrylic paints applied together using a credit card in a top to bottom motion
  • Layer 3: sprayed with Dylusions inks in Vibrant Turquoise and Bubblegum Pink

Inked and painted

  • Stamps Happen Dolly Mama Christmas image inked in Versafine onyx black (a mistake btw as it didn't react overly well with my alcohol markers - back to memento for me!) and coloured using alcohol markers. When cutting out I removed the star from the umbrella and the Santa hat.
  • KanBan steampunk wings inked in versamark and colouring using violet pan pastel and the crown inked in Memento grape jelly, both images cut out and adhered to the altered Christmas image


This is how my image started ....... before I started altering her!

 

  • Sentiment generated on the computer using courier and Algerian fonts and cut out before running through my Xyron sticker maker. Once they were adhered to my page I drew loosely round them (twice) using a Pitt Pen


  • I had some acetate which I had punched some holes in so ...... I took some Fresco Orchid pink acrylic paint and some white and put them on to a CD to mix before applying them through my "template" using a baby wipe.
  • Once I'd cleaned the CD I put a little black acrylic on to it and dragged some bottle tops and a credit card through - to add some highlights.
  • Whilst on the subject of highlights I used brass and colonial rub ons to highlight the wings and to tone down the lime dress on my image.
  • I inked a circle stamp using versamark and stamped it twice before brushing with magenta and violet pan pastels (centre top)
  • I also inked a date stamp using Versafine onyx black ink to record the date of my first journal page!

So, here's how it looks - whaddya think?



I think it looks finished - do you think it looks finished? Well, who knows? I MAY revisit it later!!!


Have a happy and creative day


5 comments:

Marijke said...

Like your journal page, great background

judit said...

Not only finished but gorgeous, too! Love how you altered the image and the love the background! hugs, judit x

Debs M said...

woohoo love this!!! that image is fabby x

clare said...

Well done on your first page kathy. Love the background and that quite is brilliant! Look forward to your second page. X

My name is Wynneth said...

I think it is a total TRIUMPH young kathy, fabulous start in the world of Art Journalling. Loving Dolly Mama and her crown is just perfick. Those are great texts too. Well done Matey ;oD
luv
wynneth
x