At last, my first journal page ......
- Ebony multi media album - two pages glued together
- White gesso to seal and prepare
- Layer 1: yellow and white acrylic paints applied together using a baby wipe in a right to left motion
- Layer 2: purple and silver acrylic paints applied together using a credit card in a top to bottom motion
- Layer 3: sprayed with Dylusions inks in Vibrant Turquoise and Bubblegum Pink
- Stamps Happen Dolly Mama Christmas image inked in Versafine onyx black (a mistake btw as it didn't react overly well with my alcohol markers - back to memento for me!) and coloured using alcohol markers. When cutting out I removed the star from the umbrella and the Santa hat.
- KanBan steampunk wings inked in versamark and colouring using violet pan pastel and the crown inked in Memento grape jelly, both images cut out and adhered to the altered Christmas image
- Sentiment generated on the computer using courier and Algerian fonts and cut out before running through my Xyron sticker maker. Once they were adhered to my page I drew loosely round them (twice) using a Pitt Pen
- I had some acetate which I had punched some holes in so ...... I took some Fresco Orchid pink acrylic paint and some white and put them on to a CD to mix before applying them through my "template" using a baby wipe.
- Once I'd cleaned the CD I put a little black acrylic on to it and dragged some bottle tops and a credit card through - to add some highlights.
- Whilst on the subject of highlights I used brass and colonial rub ons to highlight the wings and to tone down the lime dress on my image.
- I inked a circle stamp using versamark and stamped it twice before brushing with magenta and violet pan pastels (centre top)
- I also inked a date stamp using Versafine onyx black ink to record the date of my first journal page!
So, here's how it looks - whaddya think?
I think it looks finished - do you think it looks finished? Well, who knows? I MAY revisit it later!!!
Have a happy and creative day