Saturday, 14 July 2012

Woo Hoo! Here comes another post!

2nd post from me today as I was quite taken with the idea of threes this morning but didn't feel I'd done my first card justice. If you missed my earlier post then please feel free to check it out here

Another love of mine is ..... SHOES so a second card featuring shoes seemed like a plan. Someone commented about no purple on my first card too so I thought I could easily rectify that in my second attempt so, here goes .....



Materials used:
  • White DL, linen effect card and matching envelope
  • White card with three 5cm holes punched from
  • Low tack tape to hold the "mask" in place on my card
  • Distress Inks: Spun Sugar, Dusty Concord
  • Hero Arts Shoes and Savvy Stamps sentiment inked in Memento grape jelly

I plan to enter this in to the usual challenge over at Simply Less Is More and had planned a new one (to me) at Clean And Simple, right up until I realised I'd been overly creative with the sentiment and that it should have been across the bottom - BUM!!!!. I've entered it anyway and hoping not to be disqualified ....... will have to wait and see. I've not entered this challenge before so I don't know how strict they are with placement. Here's the original sketch:


Hope you are having a great Saturday - we had rain much of this morning but this afternoon is getting brighter by the minute - HURRAH!


19 comments:

Debs M said...

ooooh shoes..love this, fab colours ans shoe stamp! x

scrappyjacky said...

Great card.....hopefully it will still count in the challenge.

clare said...

Fabulous shoe card, love the colours and shading. X

Chrissie said...

Shoes and purple... what more can I say?
Fab!
Thanks again.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Mandi said...

Shoes are a BIG passion of mine too KAthy
Glad to see the purple back..
Super card
Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Shirley said...

You can never go wrong with shoes, great card.

Victoria said...

Fab! Love the little pops of colour... and of course... the purple!

Bea said...

Love the soes card the tonal backgrounds are really effective

Vicky Hayes said...

Shoes are a lovely motif to use for this sketch Kathy and I like the way you inked the circles with a light effect. I love your LiM entry in the last post too - the blocks look great on the edge and I thought you'd mounted them until I read the post! Vicky x

Claudia said...

Hi Kathyk, what wonderful shoes and the colourfloating in the circles gives a great effect.
Thanks for your visit and your lovely comment also!
Hugs Claudia

Karren said...

Fantastic shading on this card. Love the tone on tone.

Lilian said...

Love the shoes Kathy, The shading is great, Hugs lilian

Marijke said...

lovely cards Kathyk, the one with butterflies is my favotite

EmmGee said...

One of my favourite quotes is - 'If the shoe fits - buy the handbag!' EmG

Marrigje said...

I love those shoes! The colours are perfect for this. But since I love those colours, I would say that anyway.

Marrigje

mustavcoffee, Gay Peplow said...

Hi Kathy, Great card, purple and shoes, just love it, xxx

Linda said...

Great card. I love the shoe stamps and the colours are fab. x

Karen said...

Another great entry Kathy.- love shoes, love purple...... can't really go wrong! lol

Karen x

laurie said...

Sweet shoes!