Sunday, 29 July 2012

A new challenge to test your mettle ........

A new challenge for August over on Craft Mad and Loving It, set by Cherry, and along the lines of "What does colour mean to you?" - hmmmmm AND the inspiration chosen from one of the words in the list below

  1. Peg
  2. Reindeer
  3. Yellow submarine
  4. Maraca
  5. Hosepipe
  6. Wood
  7. Cork
  8. Telephone
  9. Hat
  10. Lead balloon
  11. Garden
  12. Rose
  13. Iron
  14. Silence
  15. Shell
  16. Pen
  17. Brick wall
  18. Plate
  19. Leap
  20. Christmas decoration
  21. Foil
  22. Sing
  23. Copper
SO, I went with number 20 - Christmas Decoration and opted to use the fab sketch from the LIM challenge for a second entry there too .... it also fits the challenge at Annabellestamps so I've entered it there too, the added bling is the glossy accents and the tiny glitter drops in the centres of the Martha Stewart poinsettia punch border!.


Materials used:
  • White DL linen effect card, complete with matching envelope
  • Red paper panel edged using a Martha Stewart punch
  • Three Impression Obsession Christmas bauble images inked using: Memento Paris dusk, Brilliance Poppy and Thyme
  • Faber Castell Pitt pen to draw the threads the baubles hang from
  • Penny Black sentiment inked in Memento tuxedo black and stamped directly on to the base card
  • Glossy accents

My regular readers will know that I pretty much ALWAYS enter the CAS challenge over on Simply Less Is More and often more than once. This week there was a simple sketch to follow but it tickled my creative tastebuds and I simply knew I would used the sketch again. My first card was totally monochrome but I loved the design so tried again with more colour, LOTS MORE colour!!! Then I used a different floral image from the same set - still thinking I prefer the original design but hey ..... you have to try these things don't you? So, here's a little reminder of the card I made yesterday accompanied by the two larger photos of the others ..... I hope you like them but I'm always interested to hear which my readers prefer .... and why! Of course, I won't be entering either of these in the LIM challenge as they are far too similar to my first entry but I may well be having a third entry before the week is out!







my original entry

Happy Sunday



23 comments:

Chrissie said...

Wot! No Purple?
It works well in all colours Kathy but I still prefer your first version!
Thanks again.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Chrissie said...

Meant to say... your shiny baubles look great!
Chrissie x

scrappyjacky said...

Love all these cards,Kathy...and it's a great sketch.

Debs M said...

love the card for Cherry's challenge! im waiting till i have done my atc's til i have a go...thats 3 lots of atc's in the bin now!

Love all of those cards - the monochrome for a man and the more colourful one for women x

ps locked out of bubble x

clare said...

Kathy fab cards love your Xmas card for cherry's challenge. Thanks for posting list too as at least now I can be thinking of something while I wait for CB to work for me! X

Lilian said...

Love the cards Kathy well done.
Locked out of bubble also,
Hugs lilian

Claudia said...

Hi Kathy, your cards turn out so lovely, so elegant and so luxury. Love them. Thanks also for your visit and your lovely comment on my blog.
Hugs Claudia

Cheryl said...

oh Hun what a brilliant selection of cards,the detail on them all is just gorgeous and just love the colours,and the images you have used,hugs Cherylxxxxxx

Dora said...

Wow Kathy, you've been busy, these are gorgeous, love the clean style. Wishing you a lovely Sunday. Hugs xx

Inkyfingers said...

What a pretty Christmas card Kathy and I like the other versions of yesterdays card. However the black and white one is my favourite. So stylish and elegant!

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous makes Kathy, great colours and images.
hugs {brenda} xox

Berni Cuttino said...

Just love the script background wiht the stamping on top. Fabulous. Thanks for the visit and sweet luv. Hugs

Shirley said...

Love the shiny baubles and the other cards look great too but my favourite is the monochrome one.

Anita's creaties said...

You have been busy, great cards!

Karen Nutkins said...

Lovely cards, think I like the middle one best.

Marijke said...

these are all great, but the black and white is still my favorite

Faith A said...

Brill cards ALL of them, as for the last 3, I loved each one until I got to the last and wilted, it's beautiful.

Kylie said...

Beautiful cards, Kathy! LOVE your Christmas decoration one, the baubles look amazing, love the shine to them!
Thanks for playing along with us at AnnaBelle Stamps!

Take Care,
Kylie X

Sue - said...

Great cards! Like you I love this sketch.

Zippy said...

I love them all but especially the baubles! Xxx

Sue said...

what a gorgeous array of cards! I love how you have used the sketch and put your own spin on it!
Thanks for sharing in the fun with us at AnnaBelle's! :)

AnnaBelle Stamps Blog said...

Love the Christmas Decorations, they look amazing!
TFS with us this week :)
Andrea

Sue W said...

Beautiful cards each and every one! Thanks for playing with AnnaBelle this week!