Tuesday, 17 July 2012

Ever had one of those days?

When circumstances appear to conspire against you?

Well, I have! The card I'm sharing with you today started out life VERY differently ..... it started as a Clean And Simple card and I had PLANNED to use a 5cm circle mask to apply pastel distress inks through and then stamp a heavier and more detailed image over the top.

I had my mask and gaily stamped spun sugar (a lovely pastel pink) through, only to remember that the last time I used the Tim Holtz blender I had been using victorian velvet - not the lovely pastel shade I had hoped to team with squeezed lemonade!! Plan B ....... team it with peacock feather and make an altogether more vibrant card - Noooooooooooooooooo - I dropped my blending tool and yes, wouldn't you know it? FACE DOWN!!! Of course! Plan C involved a third circle - this time going off the edge of the card and using broken china (to cover my blender mark). Hmm. Having planned on two large-ish pastel circles I now have approx 2½ x 5cm vibrant circles and yes, the scale is quite (QUITE) wrong on this size card - hmmmm. Nothing for it but to start again but going off the edge meant that I had to cut a piece of card or paper to cover the ENTIRE card blank. Plan D is what you see below and you will instantly spot that: A - it's NOT quite CAS and, B - there isn't a circle to be seen pastel or otherwise!! This was not without trauma either as I gaily stamped my sentiment with a bit missing so had to turn my card over and start that again too! Still, given the journey to arrive at the finished card I remain amazed it didn't end up in the bin.



Materials used:
  • 12½ cm square white, 250 gsm card and matching envelope
  • 12½ cm square black card panel
  • 12 cm yellow striped card panel (part of my pack of 360 double sided card selection from Costco)
  • Stamping Up image inked in Memento tuxedo black and coloured using Pan Pastels (already seen on my blog a day or so ago)
  • Matting and layering using offcuts of black and Costco card
  • Rubbadubbadoo magnetic "make up your" sentiment set inked in Memento dandelion on to white card, cut out and matted before running through my Xyron sticker maker

And there you have it .... a CAS card that took hours to make, one way or another!!! oh, and it isn't CAS to boot!!!

Hope your day is going more smoothly! Have a great Tuesday


5 comments:

Lilian said...

Kathy. That really turned out nice. Its not as you wanted it but really nice all the same. I love the clouds.

Hugs lilian

Cheryl said...

hun I have one of those days,every day he he,but I just love your work Hun,you create such amazing things,and this is no exception this is brilliant sweetie hugs Cherylxxx

Netty said...

smashing card Kathy, x

Debs M said...

still looks great tho x

Bonnie said...

The journey may have been long, Kathy, but the results are beautiful!