Wednesday, 18 July 2012

Here we are then - how card making SHOULD go!

Morning all,

Those of you who read my post yesterday of the lamentable process my poor CAS card went through on it's way to becoming unCAS (is there such a word?) will probably have felt some affinity as we all know sometimes the creative process works and sometimes it doesn't!! Isn't that part of the fun though? In her Art Journaling DVD Kate Crane says that there are "no mistakes in art" and it was this that drove me on to finish yesterdays card rather than give up and chuck it in the bin! For those of you who missed it, if you've the time and inclinations, check here

Now, THIS is more like how yesterdays card SHOULD have looked! Turns out it's perfect for my pal's daughter who's just graduated 2:1 from Birmingham University and will be doing her Masters in Event Management at UWE - which is close to home, so Congratulations all round and her mother is VERY happy to have her daughter coming home to live!



Materials used:
  • 12½ cm 300 gsm white, scallop edged card and matching envelope
  • 4½ cm diameter circle mask placed using low tack tape
  • Distress inks squeezed lemonade and just a touch of spiced marmalade
  • Hero Arts star image inked in Memento Tangelo
  • Paper Mania sentiment inked in Memento potters clay


The close up SHOULD give you just an indicator of the "touch" of spiced marmalade - just enough to warm up the squeezed lemonade.

I am soooooooooooooo much happier with the way this went! In fact, this CAS card makes me so HAPPY that I shall be entering it in to the new CASology challenge where the theme is indeed HAPPY! as well as the Less Is More challenge as it used three elements (circle/star/sentiment).

I enjoyed making it so much that I decided it would make me happy to make another one in ....... PURPLE (well, being the purple princess I WOULD, wouldn't I?). This time I went slightly offset with the circle to one side and the image to the other - not sure. It grieves me to admit it but I think I prefer the yellow/orange combo - how about you lot?



Materials used:
  • 12½ cm 250 gsm white card and matching envelope
  • 4½ cm circle mask taped down with low tack tape
  • Distress Ink in shaded lilac
  • Hero Arts star image and Paper Mania sentiment inked in Memento grape jelly

I don't think the purple one made me QUITE as happy as the yellow one did, but ..... have a great Wednesday however you plan to spend it


19 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Perfect CAS cards,Kathy

Cheryl said...

oh Hun love these so effective yes I agree I love the yellow,one too,but then,both are brilliant,xx

Laura said...

Lovely. I like the yellow one best because it is much warmer than the purple and I am craving summer at the moment!!
Laura
x

Karin said...

Really nice cas-cards, Kathy! I like them both!
Karin x

Ardyth said...

Both of these cards make me happy! Thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week!

Viv said...

Love both cards Kathy, well done again.Thanks for reminding me about the CASology challenge too I have entered it now :) Viv xx

Debs M said...

love the both...but, the orange on yellow really pops x

Katina said...

Great CAS cards Kathy and perfect to celebrate a graduation. Your UnCAS card is lovely too!
x

Melissa said...

Both of these cards make me smile! Love the bright yellow one just because it's so cheerful, but the second one (purple) is so calming! :) Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

Chrissie said...

These look great, I must admit that the purple one does look at home on your blog!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Bonnie said...

Beautifully CAS, Kathy! Love the purple one.

Tracey McNeely said...

Both lovely cards, your colours are fabulous. Thank you so much for joining us at CASology this week!

Charlotte said...

Nice card Kathy!
G.
Charlotte

Lilian said...

Love the colours of the cards Kathy. They look great. Hugs
lilian

lostinpaper said...

Definitely CAS WOW! Love that sweet star and the circle bg is perfect!

Jen W. said...

Kathy, I am always a sucker for a star and this one is adorable! I think the first one is my favourite but I like the second one too - it's like it's saying "Reach for the stars"! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

Barb King said...

Love how you mask your cards, I've got to do that more, sometimes I just forget about using that technique. I love the yellow one!

Barb

Patrice said...

Happy, happy! I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/07/52-card-pickup-week-29.html

Monika Reeck said...

Lovely CAS Card..I like the color on the star it is like shining :) good luck with the challenge...


I am joining also the CASology challenge and my card is number 69, would you mind to see it on my blog? many thanks before :) hugs, Monika