Monday, 2 July 2012

Hi there, Monday's rolled round again

Gosh what a lazy old day I had yesterday, all my get up and go had, apparently, got up and gone ..... without me!!! POSSIBLY something to do with the hideous amount of birds congregating on the roof and in the tree over opposite. We had thought they were crows but have since found out that they are actually Jackdaws - hmmm, still harbouring MURDEROUS feelings towards them even if their collective noun is either a train or a clatter and not the murder of crows we thought it was!

After a leisurely morning of watching Barbara Grey on Create and Craft and then another hour in "the classroom" with her in the afternoon I did feel sufficiently refreshed!

Not that I felt too badly about having a lazy day as the weather was a bit pants!!!! It was dull and grey for much of the day that wasn't actively wet!


Just as well I had a relaxing day really as we were off to Gloucester for dinner with friends, Sandra and Brian. Like my hubby, Brian is the chef in their house and the two hubby's do Sandra and I very well. It's my friend's birthday in the next week or so and I took the card and gift las evening, we don't normally do gifts but every now and again ........... here's hoping she'll like it. Dinner was super yummy, thanks Brian.

It was a day for crafting because of the weather and lack of OOMPH! but I only had the energy for one card ..... of the Christmas variety!! Well QVC and C&C usually have a Christmas in July and it IS July, albeit only just!



Materials used:
  • 12½ cm 250 gsm white card and matching envelope
  • Sparkle 'n Sprinkle Christmas flamingo inked in Memento tuxedo black
  • Alcohol markers to colour image
  • Paper Mania tree image inked in Versamagic sage off the image panel
  • Glossy accents to give gloss to the candy cane, lights and bauble
  • Crystal stickles to simulate snow
  • Do Crafts corner rounder
  • Offcut of red card cut to odd shape and matted on to black card offcut edged using EK Success binder punch
  • Personal Impressions sentiment inked in Versafine onyx black

Hope you like it ..... it made me smile!, and I wasn't sure about the quirky shape but ...... it's grown on me and I like it!!!

Have a great Monday - only 4 more sleeps! What a shame it's already raining and the forecast says it's in for the day - hope it's better where you are. I'm off to do a spot of housework - YIKES



4 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

I really need to get started on my christmas cards!!

Debs M said...

i am thinking about mine too! love that flamingo, what a quirky Christmas card...good luck with the evil stuff!

Lilian said...

Love the card Kathy. Hugs
lilian

clare said...

Great card kathy, hope the chores are done and glad you enjoyed you meal last night. X