Friday, 6 July 2012

Hiya, Friday again - Hurrah

It's just about the weekend and here's hoping you all have some plans AND let's hope that the weather will have improved as I'm told June was the wettest since records began and it was so DULL with just an average of 120 hours of sunshine IN THE ENTIRE MONTH!. July's not looking a whole lot better as I've heard that some places (mostly the midlands and north - sorry peeps) are expecting the whole of July's anticipated rainfall TODAY!!! Goodness me, bet you're already moving valuables upstairs. Stay safe readers.

It's also the birthday of a crafting buddy this weekend so Happy Birthday Denise.

As some of you will know, today I'm waiting on the arrival of a crafting pal, Lauren (aka BlueBertie) for the weekend - we plan to craft like crazy women (nothing new there then!) and I have some craft shopping planned too. AND on Sunday the two of us will be joined by Cherry and we'll drive to the Newbury Art Stamps show where we'll be meeting up with Debs - YAY, ROAD TRIP!!! There WILL be photos, but possibly not till Monday but look out for them! To this end I've had to schedule this post as I shall be busy putting the last minute touches to the house and dining room (aka the crafting room or requirement for the weekend) as we have projects to achieve ..... I've bought wooden framed mirrors from IKEA for us to embellish with beeswax/paint/stamping/pan pastels/mica powders and beads!! AND a mini journal for us each to crack on with - IF there's time!!

A fellow craftbubbler asked whether anyone could think of a collective noun for a group of craftbubblers .... well what about just a collective noun for a bunch of crafters? All I came up with (as a rubber stamping card maker) was an inking of crafters - can you think of any?

HOWEVER, in amongst all this, which included me MAKING a dessert (do I hear gasps of surprise and more than a little disbelief?!?!?!), I still managed to find time to complete a little light crafting and have another masculine card to share with you.


Materials used:
  • C6 300 gsm Kraft card and matching Kraft envelope
  • Offcut of black card and a piece of sage green card
  • White card panel
  • Rubbadubbadoo pocket watch image inked using versamark ink before grey pan pastel was applied using an applicator previously used for green pan pastel and not cleaned - I deliberately wanted a greenish grey and it worked perfectly (in my mind anyway!)
  • TPC Studio sentiment inked in Memento tuxedo black
  • Scotch Quick Dry glue

Hope you like it, using the offcuts and pan pastels it was super quick to make, no cutting or faffing involved!

For those of you sceptics (or do I mean people who know how domesticated I am ..... NOT!!!) - here is the finished dessert - Brown Bread Beano ....

All ready for spoons!

 And now for What's On Your WEEKEND Work Desk .........



Oh Yes, we're READY to craft!!!
 

This week's Friday Funny comes courtesy of my pal and neighbour, Debbie, and made both hubby and I chuckle - here's hoping it tickles your funny bone too! As Debbie said, it's brief but funny, and I'm sure will be appreciated by anyone who's ever tried to stop a traffic warden in their work!  ..... ENJOY



Ain't that the truth !!


As the coffin was being lowered into the ground at a Traffic Warden’s funeral, a voice from inside screams “I’m not dead, I’m not dead. Let me out!” The Vicar smiles, leans forward sucking air through his teeth and mutters “Too f**king late pal, I’ve already done the paperwork!!!!”  boom boom!



Have a great Friday and a fun weekend - I sure intend to!


6 comments:

Junibears said...

Have a wonderful weekend! Nothing better that to share and craft with friends! xx

Junibears said...

PS You pud look very tempting! I have a dreadful sweet tooth!! xx

Cheryl said...

oh hope you have fun with all those things Hun,know I would,as for your pudding oh it looks great and oh that joke was so funny just what I needed to,pick me up today hugs Cherylxxx

scrappyjacky said...

Sounds like you have a real fun weekend planned,Kathy.....enjoy yourselves.

Debs M said...

ooh looking forward to seeing the finished frames...sounds like a perfect weekend! fabby card and funny x

Brenda Brown said...

Love your card and I hope you are having a good day at Newbury.
hugs {brenda} xox