Sunday, 1 July 2012

Hope you are enjoying your weekend

Sunday morning, a time for a lie-in in our house. Except that, once again, the crows were on standby to spoil that!! Dozens of them, on the roof opposite and the tree beside the house was almost alive with the little blighters!! ..... so I checked my e-mails whilst they held their early morning meeting!! Around 05:30 it went quiet so I went back to bed! EDITED TO READ: someone has told me that the birds in my photo are JACKDAWS and not crows ...... the collective noun for which is either a train or a clatter!! I think I prefer CLATTER!


Yesterday, I wrapped a birthday gift for a friend but found I really needed to make a tag ........



Materials used:
  • WH Smith wrapping paper
  • White organza ribbon to tie round the parcel and in to a long tailed bow
  • Large board tag
  • Stampendous sentiment and image inked using versamark ink
  • Pan Pastels: permanent red, magenta, violet
  • Winsor & Newton fixative
  • Crystal stickles
  • Small silver dolphin (my friend's a fan) which I bought years ago and kept somewhere sooooo safe that I keep forgetting it!

Over on the Auntys forum I've set a card making challenge of Tic Tac Toe. I've created a grid containing card making materials and you can choose your three in any direction (horizontally, vertically, diagonally) to use on your card.



Here's the card I made for this challenge



Materials used:
  • 5" x 7" 300 gsm white scallop edged card and matching envelope
  • Offcut of black card edged using the EK Success binder edge punch
  • Offcut of white card - cut to fit just inside the black panel
  • Pokey tool used to prick holes for my faux stitching on three sides of my white card panel
  • Black SX Pitt pen used to "join the dots" and create my faux stitching
  • Double sided tape adhered behind the punched edge
  • Lime glitter sprinkled on to the topside of the double sided tape
  • Sunshine Designs image inked using Versafine black onyx ink and stamped three times on to my main panel (also in London Fog on to the inside and the envelope)
  • Paper Mania sentiment inked in Versafine onyx black and stamped direct on to base card (also on to the envelope and insert)
  • Narrow Lime coloured satin ribbon threaded through a purple button and tied in a knot before attaching to my image panel using a glue gun

Hope you like my challenge card ...... I used the middle line of my Tic Tac Toe challenge, the buttons/glitter/faux stitching - but I bet you already spotted that!


Have a great Sunday


4 comments:

Debs M said...

great makes Kathy, loving that tag! x

Louise said...

gosh- never seen so many birds in one place. Looks like you need some cats in the neighbourhood!
Fab makes. I love the black and white one. x

My name is Wynneth said...

Pesky birds whatever they are kathy - Clatter is the perfect name for their collective I think LOL

Lovely card, what a great idea the tic tac toe challenge is. You've just remeinded me I haven't used that EK Success punch in AGES - must dig it out !

luv
wynneth
x

Lilian said...

Kathy love the dift wrapping and the tag . The card for the challenge is great as well. Hugs lilian