Saturday, 28 July 2012

HURRAH, it's the weekend

Hi folks and welcome to the weekend once again, which probably explains the duller, cooler and even wetter weather forecasts! I see the Olympics officially kicked off yesterday and I wonder how many of my readers were watching the opening ceremony? Were you awed or disappointed?

A warm welcome to a new follower too, Lindsaycraftmonster81, hope you will be popping back from time to time too

Yesterday I entered a double journal layout for the pan pastels blog challenge, it was far removed from my regular style and I fretted about it for hours ..... until I decided to have another go at a journal layout which made me happy - the layout below does indeed make me happy. My journal is really titchy (9cm x 14cm) and I think I've taken to this one over my A4 journal because I make so many ATC's



Materials used:
  • My ongoing moleskin art journal, opened at random
  • Dylusions Ink Sprays in London Blue, Grape and Green
  • Images by Stampers Anonymous (dotty pattern), Dimensions (crazy paving), Inkadinkado (splatter and drip) and Paper Artsy (jig saw, clock face, male image and film strip sentiment) inked in either Memento tuxedo black or grape jelly
  • Tsukineko Sheer Shimmer Spritz - FROST

Of course, Saturdays also see a new challenge posted at 08:00 over on the glorious Clean And Simple blog Simply Less Is More and today is no different other than this week it's a sketch ..


You know how you sometimes have lightbulb moments? Well this wasn't one of those as it sort of grew as I picked up a piece of scrap paper and then another ..... but I AM very pleased with the way it turned out



Materials used:
  • White 300 gsm DL, linen effect card
  • Scraps of  black and white card
  • Martha Stewart edging punch on the black panel
  • Hero Arts old French script inked in Memento London fog and stamped twice
  • Penny Black flora inked in Memento tuxedo black on to the script panel
  • Hero Arts sentiment inked in Memento tuxedo black on to the base card
  • Faux crystal gem to finish

Hope you like it folks and have a great weekend.



32 comments:

Chrissie said...

Your LIM card is simply FABULOUS Kathy!
Love it!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

clare said...

great journal pages, love the colours and the drips at the top of the page. is that a stamp? card is fabulous, i do like the look of that sketch over at LIM! x

Seafield Jo said...

This is a lovely card Kathy, very stylish.

Jo x

Debs M said...

great page and I love that card! The script behind the image looks great and i love that flower!

As for the olympics...mixed feelings..i felt it was quite emotional seeing the representation of the soldiers. The minutes peace for loved ones lost apparently included a picture of Danny Boyles dad but the the athletes that were murdered in Munich were completely ignored. It was such a massive event and yet they chose not to give mention to it..obviously some political element on what is meant to be a sporting event.

Marijke said...

beautiful card

scrappyjacky said...

Great journal page,Kathy.
I thought the opening ceremony was awesome!

Shirley said...

I love the colours on your journal and your LIM card is really elegant.

I thought the opening ceremony did us proud.

Anne said...

Black and white is always so stylish, love your elegant card

Loli. eltallerdelosrecuerdos@gmail.com said...

Hola Kathy, very elegant card, i like your border and great idea your script background and you flowers, great design.Fantastic inking background with your pan pastels.
Have a nice and sunny week

Suzi B said...

Just gorgeous Kathy, love it
suzi b x

Victoria said...

This flower looks fantastic over the top of the script. A very elegant card. Have a great weekend!

Lizy said...

Your card is really beautiful Kathy! So elegant and just right for the sentiment! :)
Lizy xx

Pia S said...

I really like your elegant design! A great B&W card!

GinaA said...

What a classy card, fabulous combination of stamps and love the bling to finish.

Zoƫ said...

I'm liking the LIM card very much, but your journal is awesome. You'd never know it was outside your comfort zone, you're a natural! Zx

Carole said...

Elegant card Kathy and I love the script background. Great idea!

Cherry said...

Gorgeous page, Kathy, loving the colours, of course and the images. Cards are just fab, love the colours with those stamps.
The Olympics ceremony was interesting and thought-provoking. Parts were inspired and parts were frankly a little ideologically dodgy, in my humble opinion.
Hugs Cherry XXx

Sue said...

This is a beautifully elegant card.

Craftilicious said...

I fell asleep 3 times during the opening ceremony Kathy! I liked the steel rings and the cauldron lighting was epic but the rest was a bit dull and drab.
Your card really did come together well - I love the flower over the script backround and the gem centre makes it pop.
Tara
x

Mandi said...

Your card for us is fantastic Kathy
Black and white is SO striking and this is no exception
FABBY card
Thanks as always
mandi
"Less is More"

Marrigje said...

Your LIM card is beautiful! Very stylish.

The art journal is beautiful!

Marrigje

Inkyfingers said...

This is fabulous Kathy - so stylish and elegant.

My name is Wynneth said...

I LOVE your double page journal spread Kathy, gorgeous colours and great design. I've really missed my journalling while I've been away.

Your LIM card is AWESOME, so you and very elegant and classy.

I'll catch up with your posts I've missed over the past couple of weeks as soon as I can (time and house guests permitting!)

luv
wynneth
x

Victoria said...

love it - lol at your lightbulb moment comment - always reminds me of one of the films my boys love to watch!
Hugs
Victoria
x

Rosemary said...

your card is beautiful... you should be very pleased with it!

Deanna said...

Your LIM card is very beautiful love the design with the script and flower.

Elaine said...

Great LIM card - love the black and white. Really striking!

Susan said...

Kathy, your art journal looks awesome. I should probably use a journal for my "art" then I wouldn't have bits and pieces all over the house! LOVE your LIM card...so perfect for the challenge!

Valerie said...

Absolutely fabulous LIM card Kathy, so stylish!
Val x

Linda said...

Love this Kathy. It looks very elegant with the script background. xx

Neet said...

What an elegant card you have made.
Hugs, Neet xx

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous work Kathy, love your LIM card - very elegant! Also loving your art journal BIG TIME, Jo x