Sunday, 8 July 2012

I've been AWOL from my blog

but I plead (your honour!) that it was for the best of reasons!!!

Welcome to Susheel, my new follower, I hope you will find a reason to pop back from time to time too

First off I missed the Simply Less Is More new challenge which, this week, features a Clean And Simple card featuring GOLD



Materials used:
  • 12½cm square white 250 gsm card and matching envelope
  • Gold DCWV Metallics stack panel
  • White card with Anita's sentiment inked in Versafine onyx black
  • Rubber Stampede key image inked in versamark and heat embossed with All Night Media Crystal Gold embossing powder
  • Five gold faux pearls to embellish
And now to the reason I've been AWOL .... I've had a crafting buddy to stay, she arrived on Friday and I had prepared a couple of projects for us to crack on with using my stash - Lauren didn't bring any with her (on my instructions!).

My first project was to share just how easy it is to make a maze book and Lauren was amazed at this simple technique - I think she MAY make more!



Lauren also firmly embraced all that is inky and grungy to make some fab pieces - I did try to tell her that excess ink COULD be blotted on to a tag for future use .... but still she preferred her fingers!


Here's how my dining room looked for much of the weekend



But it was all worth it when we were finished because this is what we made

My makes

Lauren's gorgeous mirror

There was even time for a splendid meal cooked by my hubby (though I did make the dessert) on Friday and our pal and neighbour, Debbie, joined us for drinkies after dinner. We also fitted in a visit to our splendid local Indian on Saturday.

On Sunday, we were joined by Cherry and headed off to the Newbury Art Stamps show at Newbury racecourse where we met up with Debs, another crafter, and had a fine old time for a few hours shopping nattering, shopping, lunching and did I mention shopping???


L-R: Debs, Cherry and Lauren


And the shopping ... well just mine then!



Then, all too soon, it was time for us to bid farewell and head to our respective homes, though Cherry was coming back with me - since her car was at my house! After a refreshing cuppa and Cherry had a go at a maze book too (See! they really ARE that simple!) it was time for Cherry to head home too and for me to head to my virtual world to share with you lot - hope you've enjoyed joining me and my friends for the weekend - thanks for persevering to the bottom too!!

Have a fab Sunday evening


20 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

I've got those Kaisercraft stamps....they're great. Sounds like you had great fun.
Love what you both made.

Lilian said...

Love the things you both made. You sure seem to have a great time.
Hugs
lilian

Debs M said...

great makes..i really am going to have to try a maze book aren't i!! x

Chrissie said...

This looks like a fun time was had by all!
Great projects!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Loli. eltallerdelosrecuerdos@gmail.com said...

Hola Kathy, fantastic days with your crafters pals:D
very origianl card Kathy, great idea!
Hugs from the melted island

Suze Bain said...

Sounds like you've had a great weekend, now you've got me wanting to make a maze book! Super card BTW. xx

mustavcoffee, Gay Peplow said...

Brilliant post Kathy, so glad you had a wonderful and crafty weekend:0) Loving your beautiful makes, all of them!!! Gay xxx

Cherry said...

Thanks Kathy for a fab day. Loving that card too. Loving the maze book, have many ideas for a whole series of them. Hugs Cherry X

My name is Wynneth said...

Missed your blog posts for the past few days your Purple Majesty -seems you had a great time with your 'Blue' pal. I wonder if the ink has washed off yet ? LOL

Nice new stash from Newbury too, didn't you do well.

Love those fabby mirrors - did you play with your PP's ? What did Lauren think of them ?

luv
wynneth
x

My name is Wynneth said...

Sorry, forgot to say what a great gold create you've made for the LIM challenge. The key image is perfect for a new home card.

luv
wynneth
x

Louise said...

Looks like you had one amazing weekend. Wish I could have been there too. Your projects are great. Enjoy your new stash and show us what you make with it.
Hope the coming week is a good one x

Brenda Brown said...

Glad you had a good weekend and made some fabulous things AND bought some great goodies too. Result!
hugs {brenda} xox

Marrigje said...

You had an amazing weekend. Great fun to read about it, thank you.

Your LIM entry is great.

Marrigje

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Sounds like you had a fab time. Love the look of your new craft stuff xxx

Lauren Hatwell said...

We did have a fantastic time didn't we. Thanks so much for a really great weekend. I had an absolute ball. Lx

Mandi said...

Oh no, those fingers!! lol
Looks like you all had a blal though
Suepr card Kathy, good to see you

Thanks so much
mandi
"Less is More"

GinaA said...

A great new home card, love the corners. Sounds like you had a great weekend.

kingstonmama said...

Love your shiny gold key, Kathy. Looks like you had a fabulous weekend. So fun to have someone to craft with. I love ALL of your makes! :) Ann Y.

baileyrosy.com said...

Hi there, looks like you had a fabulous, inky messy time and a great day out too. Love your finished projects and your LIM card is simply gorgeous.

Marie

Vicky Hayes said...

It sounds as if you've had a great time Kathy! What a lovely LiM card too - I really like the stylised key in the square with opposite rounded corners. Vicky x