Tuesday, 3 July 2012

Morning and it's another soggy one! SURPRISE!

Are you surprised to hear it's raining? Me either!!!

I had a great night's sleep last night and didn't wake up till 7! No sign of those pesky birds - HUZZAH!

Yesterday was a day for crafting ..... AGAIN!!! Managed a tag which I'd already started. Some readers may remember my first mini art journal page last week? Well, rather than waste any of those lovely inks I blotted my tag on to the page which gave me a more muted version of the colours used on my journal. The leftover inks make a great background.



Materials used:
  • Tim Holtz tag
  • Leftover inks (Dylusions Vibrant Turquoise and Bubblegum Pink
  • Cosmic Shimmer spray in soft pink
  • Acrylic paint: white and copper
  • Various bottle tops, credit cards to draw addtional artwork
  • Paper Artsy sprig inked using Versafine onyx black and stamped several times without re-inking
  • Sunshine Designs starburst image inked in Versafine onyx black
  • Crystal stickles to highlight
  • Purple buttons (back and front) and two iridescent beads

I'm off to the optician this morning and fear that new glasses may be in order - hope I can find some with added "spex appeal"!!!! (and maybe even a little bling - not so much that I look like Dame Edna but perhaps a bit of sparkle)


Have a fab Tuesday - three more sleeps!


6 comments:

clare said...

Fab colours on your tag kathy...what colour are you new glasses? Or is that a silly question? X

Debs M said...

fabulous colours, love it x

Vaktmästarn said...

Your tag is beautiful! Love it!
Hugs Outi

Brenda Brown said...

Mmmm I love the effects you have created on this fab tag my friend. A great use of those inks.
Have a great week.
hugs {brenda} xox

Diane said...

Excellent way to use up the ink and love the use of the bottle tops...brilliant!

Zippy said...

Love it and fab colours! I'm beginning to wonder if it will ever stop raining! Xxx