Monday, 30 July 2012

Morning and welcome to the start of another week

Hi folks,

How was your weekend? Ours started off being HOT and sunny then went cooler and windy and ended up cold, showery and windy!!!  Like three seasons in one weekend! One minute I can't open the windows wide anough and the next minute I'm wearing winter slippers and a woolley!

Hard to imagine that we're virtually at the end of July and summer? Well, we've had one week of decent weather in Bristol!, the nights'll be drawing in before our next batch of decent weather ..... probably!

Composed my first tweet yesterday but not really sure I feel overly comfortable with the whole twitter process - a lot of my friends will tell you that I've been "t"wittering for years though. How many of you tweet? I'm curious. And, do you tweet weekly, daily, hourly? The reason for my first tweet? Well, many of my crafting buddies and I meet up on craftbubble on the group Craft Mad and Loving It but, for some, access was denied over the weekend. Some even Googled craftbubble only to be told the site no longer existed!! YIKES! I haven't any trouble accessing the site but, frankly, there was more tumbleweed than chat as (at times) I was the only one on-line - like Billy No Mates! A tweet account was set up by one of our computer literati and a few tweets were exchanged - we can only hope that the site hosts will turn up for work this morning and sort the site out .... sharp-ish!

Still loving the challenge sketch on Simply Less Is More this week so here's entry number three and, possibly, my last (but no guarantees!), using the faux lace technique . . . . . .


Materials used:
  • 12½ cm square 250 gsm white card and matching envelope
  • 5½ x 12½ cm panel of white card, with double sided sheet adhesive laid on
  • Piece of scrap lace applied to the double sided adhesive
  • Glamour dust glitter applied over the lace, pressed down and then excess removed along with the lace
  • Fuchsia pink glitter applied over the remaining double sided adhesive, pressed down and then excess removed
  • 12½ cm x 8cm panel of pink card edged with an EK Success punch
  • Hero Arts sentiment inked in Memento tuxedo black directly on to base card

Here's a more close up pic of the faux lace, created with real lace and glitter!

This is going to be winging it's way to a pal who's having a particularly trying time at the mo.

Happy Monday


13 comments:

Debs M said...

Great card,,still can't get on bubble x

Lilian said...

Love the card Kathy. Well done. I do not tweet or facebook. Often thought about it but never got round to it.
Hugs
lilian

Chrissie said...

Your faux lace is fabulous... and purple... I can breathe again... we couldn't have all those other colours from you and no purple!
Thanks once again.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Sue said...

Loving the lace effect! A very pretty card. Sue x

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Sweet card.

NO . . . I most definitely DO NOT tweet! The only tweeting I like comes from birdies! LOL!

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Carole said...

Wow I learn something new every day. I love that faux lace, it looks fantastic.
All your card for LIM are super. I've been blog hopping and I see you have left comments on most of the sites I have. It takes an effort not to say the same thing all the time, yet that makes it more personal.Good work:) and what a nice life style...good for you!
http://carolescreativecritters.blogspot.com/

Cherry said...

Gorgeous effects, kathy. Love that lace look. Like you first time I tweeted, not to comfortable with it. Probably won't take it up but I might if CB disappears again-lol. Huggs C xxx

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous lace effect Kathy and yes I am on twitter although I don't go on that often. Just searched you but couldn't find your account.
hugs {brenda} xox

mustavcoffee, Gay Peplow said...

WOW Kathy I make that five cards for LIM this week, you are a star!! They are all wonderful but I agree with you the first B/W one is stunning, Gay xxx

Shirley said...

I haven't seen this effect before and it looks fabulous. I don't do twitter or Facebook - I have all on keeping my blog up to date !!

Junibears said...

A lovely card and sending warm fuzzies to you.xx

Mandi said...

We used to demo this technique back in 2004/5 It certainly has the WOW factor. Your card is no exception
Thank heavens the purple is back PHEW
Thanks as always
mandi
"Less is More"

Zippy said...

Beautiful card and the faux lace. I dont tweet at all, must confess that it scares me, fear of the unknown! Xxx