Tuesday, 10 July 2012

Morning campers! Hi de Hi!

Morning all,

I'm sure it will come as a HUGE surprise when I tell you that (shock horror) it's only blooming well raining! I KNOW, you're all stunned, aren't you?

Hubby's headed off to Bath today as the car's in the garage for a minor repair - he'll be back later. Now I COULD craft the day away (no-one to see me!) but I did that the ENTIRE weekend so I feel just a smidge guilty doing it again so soon - besides, having a guest all weekend meant some of the more mundane chores didn't get done ....... like the ironing! Bit of a mountain built up again and I'm sure the sock stealing YETI have established base camp somewhere near the half way mark again! Ooopsie!

Plus, I need to get to the post office to send my 1000th post blog candy on its way to Clare, the winner of said candy.

Also, as most of my regular readers know by now, I swap ATC materials with a crafting buddy who lives on the Isle of Skye. Recently she sent me three items with which I have to make an ATC - and here they are:



And here is what I made though, obviously, I had to use additional materials and those are listed below


Additional materials:
  • ATC blank,
  • Dimensions DAISY image inked using versamark and coloured using Sofft tools and pan pastels (my technique still needs work so please be gentle with me)
  • Alcohol markers to colour the  image (sadly the original ink must have been oil or alcohol based as it started to react with my markers around the face so there's not much in the way of shading as a result)
  • Glitter glue to highlight.
Sadly, I'm not convinced it's my finest work but I leave to you to make your own decisions.

Right, so, it was then on to the challenge ATC (and materials) for Pam's next challenge ...... well, I DO love this new image I bought yesterday so it was almost inevitable that it would get used again for Pam's ATC.

Here are the materials I will be sending to her -




And the ATC I made with the same materials and which I will send to her on receipt of the ATC she made using the above materials!




Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Dimensions image inked in Memento tuxedo black
  • Alcohol markers to colour
  • Pan pastels used for background
  • Fiskars sentiment inked using versamark ink and coloured with violet pan pastel and then die cut before edging with Memento grape jelly. The sentiment was attached using a foam pad.
  • Gold glitter glue for the flower centres
Hope you like it - can't wait to see how Pam interprets the challenge

Happy Tuesday


5 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Ho de ho! Morning Kathy. We have a brief respite from the rain here and shock, horror, we had some sunshine this morning.

Love your ATC's. That gorgeous daisy stamp was a real find wasn't it. I do love what you've done with dear Boofle too. What a cutie!

Lx

Brenda Brown said...

Yep, more rain here too and we are supposed to be having our 'big' BBQ on Saturday. In fact we have ordered a small marquee to erect over the patio for some protection haha.
Love the ATCs and that gorgeous daisy stamp. Hope the sock Yeti haven't come from my house as I seem to have a real problem with them at the moment!!!!
Your husband should be over this way with all the aeroplanes for Farnborough airshow flying over. Seeing the Airbus A380 display is amazing, but I love the F18 and other jets too.
Have a great day.
hugs {brenda} xox

Bea said...

Lovely card - looks so bling

Kathryn said...

Oh don't mention rain I've grown gills ha ha. I've not tried pan pastels yet :( love the stamp xxx

My name is Wynneth said...

Hiya Kathy. Well, we have got dad home all safe and sound and would you believe it - we have SUNshine ! I love your ATCs. That flower stamp is fabulous dahlink ! Dimension stamps? I must get that one it's just gorgeous.

Luv
Wynneth
X