Monday, 23 July 2012

Morning - how goes your day?

Hi and welcome to another Monday - hope you have an interesting week planned - I know I do. I was going out for coffee this morning, and AM going out to lunch tomorrow and dinner on Thursday and we have friends due to come to our home for dinner on Wednesday evening - busy, busy, busy! Sadly, my coffee morning has been cancelled because my pal has woken feeling poorly, she wasn't the brightest yesterday when we confirmed our arrangements so it wasn't a huge surprise that she rang to cancel this morning - feel better Jenny.

Yesterday saw a couple of just for fun challenges being launched on the craftbubble group ..... one was CHRISTMAS IN JULY and the other was to feature SEWING (shamelessly pinched from Chrissie and Mandi over on Simply Less Is More - here's hoping they'll forgive me!) but my challenge didn't necessarily have to be CAS or even a card.

I bought a perfectly fabulous Penny Black image whilst in Florida recently and it's going to figure prominently on many of my Christmas projects I'm sure! Certainly this make fitted both of today's challenges as well as fitting the Simply Less Is More challenge ..... it wouldn't have though, if my day had gone to plan but there I was zig zagging away at a 14 cm panel when, horror of horrors .... the bobbin ran out.! Now, it took me a few stitches to realise this and by then I just knew there would be more of a problem if I tried to retrace my steps - I carried on round the outside to make the holes and then hand stitched the border and it looked ...... pants!!! Think it will end up being cut down in to smaller panels! Ah well - my  mother did always say that I was dangerous in charge of a sewing machine - looks like she was right!



Materials used:
  • 12½ cm white, 330 gsm, scallop edged card and matching envelope
  • Red organza ribbon knotted off centre
  • Pearlised metallic red DCWV card mat, edges distressed using a Tim Holtz distressing tool
  • Penny Black image inked in Memento tuxedo black on to white card which was then stitched to the pearlised red panel
  • Alcohol markers used to colour image
  • Glossy Accents applied to glasses and parcel bow
  • Red glitter glue, ICE Stickles glitter glue and regular stickles with added Glamour dust (for extra twinkle!)

Aren't those two simply adorable? Here's a bit of a close up which will hopefully show both the glitter and glossy accents as well as the stitching




Happy Monday - have a great day


10 comments:

Debs M said...

gorgeous card, stitching looks fine to me!x

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Great image and fab CAS card. I can't sew to save my life.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Berni Cuttino said...

Fabulous. Beautiful, fun. Thanks for stopping by. The stamp used, is Inkadinkdo and the embossing folder, I found at the Rubber stamp convention, Crafts-too.com, cyber hugs

Brenda Brown said...

HI Kathy - been to Birmingham for a few days so just catching up.
Love this card, such a cute image and wonderful techniques too.
Have a great week with all your activities.
hugs {brenda} xox

Berni Cuttino said...

Hi, I did not write down the name of the stamp. You are probably right. Hugs

Shirley said...

What a lovely stamp, it's made a gorgeous card.

Aileen said...

Love the image. It's totally adorable and your stitching around the square is fab. x

Jenni's Jems said...

This is gorgeous and so perfect for both challenges and so neat ! I shudder to think what I would do in charge of a sewing machine hee he x

Kimberley said...

Lovely Christmas card Kathy - the image is very jolly and well done on your sewing.

Sally said...

Aww, such a sweet crimbo image & a fab card.
Sally x