Sunday, 15 July 2012

Morning, sun's shining once again!!

so all is right in my world - easily pleased - me!

I say all is right in my world, that's not strictly true as my poor hubby is wrestling with sinusitis which is painful. I wish I could make it better hon but the doctor's way more qualified than me! Still, he can't be that bad as he's gone to the field for a morning of flying ...... see if that brightens him up out in the fresh air doing something he loves.

Over on the Pan Pastels blog the challenge this week is to use the three elements of Sun, Sea and Sand!!! What an appropriate challenge since the sun is shining for the first time in AGES! If you fancy having a go then pop across, using the link above, and check it out. The talented Brenda Brown, who's on their Design Team, has made a glorious mini book using dominoes as her cover too - clever thing. Me? Not quite such a clever project but I enjoyed making it.


 Materials used:
  • C6 300 gsm Kraft card and matching envelope
  • Two black card panels
  • One DCWV pearlised metallic gold card  panel, edged with an EK Success binder edge punch
  • Narrow red satin ribbon tied in a knot well off centre
  • 7cm x 7cm white card panel
  • Stamping Up image inked using Memento tuxedo black
  • Pan Pastels used to colour - with the pointy Sofft tool

I hope the ladies at the PP blog feel it reflects sun, sea and sand and is a worthy entry ...... it's only the 2nd time I've had the opportunity to enter and I'm still working on my colouring technique with the mighty PP's too.

I had a second attempt at colouring with PP's ... whaddya think? Better or worse?



Here's how the inside of the card and the envelope turned out too ...


Have a fab Sunday and I hope the sun is shining where you are too.


12 comments:

Viv's Visuals said...

This is fab Kathy! One of my fave SU sets - reminds me of long hot summer days (and weren't they a long time ago?????? LOL)

SHARY said...

ooo I like the look of the colouring with pan pastels. Reminds me of a watercolour. it's lovely Kathy.xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card Kathy, I like the image and the soft look .
Kevin xx

TAM said...

Stunning card Kathy - love this image

Crafty_Fairie said...

Super design I really like it.Thanks for joining us this week at Panpastel Uk Challenge Blog.

Kerry DT Leader

Cherry said...

Looking fabulous and nostalgically soft to me Kathy. Looks great. Hugs Cherry Xxx

Louise said...

PP give a beautiful effect. Love that image- so nostalgic.

Brenda Brown said...

This is a fabulous image and great card for the PanPastel challenge this week Kathy. You are really perfecting your blending techniques and creating lovely effects. Thanks for mentioning me on your blog today, I really appreciate that and thanks also for joining in the PanPastel challenge.
I hope hubby is feeling better soon. I've been to Farnborough airshow today which was really enjoyable, I just live those noisy jets.
Have a great week.
Hugs {brenda} xox

sandee said...

great card, lovely job at blending! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Very nice xxx

LeAnne said...

I wish I had never gotten rid of this set....soooo sweet! Thanks for stopping by my blog, too!

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

What a wonderful scene, thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
Lindsay xx