Saturday, 21 July 2012

WELCOME TO THE WEEKEND!

Here's to welcome two new followers, Shirley and Annie Anya - thanks for following me - hope you will find reasons to visit again soon.

Yesterday I was meeting my long time pal, Sue, for lunch at a local out of town shopping area. Now we've done this quite a number of times and, as I left home, it occurred to me it had been a while since we had a "road trip"!!! So, I filled my car at the garage on the way in and put it to Sue that we could have a swift pit stop at the new Subway before hitting the road - she LIKED the idea so after two tuna 6" subs we got back in to the car and headed east. Sue doesn't drive so the place I had in mind was NEVER going to be somewhere she would get to as it's in the middle of an industrial area and a bit off the beaten track unless you know it's there. Where did we go? Why, Snazzy's in Swindon ....... they stock way more interesting things than Hobbycraft and the Range so it made for a nice change for us both as it's been ages since I've been there - which showed as we circled the roundabout whilst I found an exit I liked the look of!!! SatNag was only helpful in getting me to the entrance of the industrial development you see! (at least it didn't tell me I was still 32 miles away like it did when I went to visit a pal in Worcester!!!). Sue liked Snazzy's a lot and I enjoyed the return visit too - what I didn't enjoy (though, thank heavens, I was able to dig myself out of this hole) was the fact that they have yet to install a credit card reader - fortunately we both had sufficient cash to not have to put anything back - PHEWWW! The word is that this unfortunate incident shouldn't happen next time I head there as there are plans afoot to get a card reader installed sharpish! HURRAH



I've not seen my pal since before my birthday either so I got to have another birthday! She dislikes Purple so I was doubly pleased to open my parcel and find these babies nestling inside - thanks so much, Sue.



Saturday sees a new challenge unveiled on the Fabulous CAS (Clean And Simple) blog Simply Less Is More and this week sees the theme of SEWING - hmmmmmmmmmmmm - well I bought a new set of stamps yesterday (see above) which were just ITCHING to get inky so they had to feature .... PLUS it's the last day that the Craftbubble CMLI July challenge is open and it's high time I entered that ..... PLUS whilst I was in M&S cafe the other day I came across a fab napkin so brought one home with me and the results are what you see below!!



Materials used:
  • 12½ 300 gsm white scallop edged card and matching envelope
  • WOW background image inked in versamark on white card panel
  • Pan Pastel in permanent red and permanent red tint
  • Cheap hairspray to fix
  • Having cut out the postage stamp edge (using a 3/8" punch) I stitched the image panel on to a black card panel
  • WOW phone box image inked in Brilliance pearlescent poppy
  • M&S bunting napkin cut out and attached across the corner above the phone box
  • WOW sentiment inked in Memento tuxedo black
  • Glossy Accents used over the whole phone box, not just the glass, as most phone boxes started out life uber shiny!!

Hope you like it folks - as always - I look forward to reading your comments and thank you for taking the time to visit.


Happy Saturday


31 comments:

Karen Nutkins said...

Lovely card, Kathy.

Debs M said...

great card Kathy... a place without a card reader????

Chrissie said...

Sounds like you've been having fun!
I like the look of your purchases as well as your card!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Marijke said...

beautiful card

nicky said...

fab card
Nicky

Cheryl said...

oh hun this is gorgeous hun really beautiful hugs cheryl xx

Lilian said...

Great card Kathy, Another birthday as well lucky you. You must feel like the queen.Hugs lilian

Diane said...

Loving your card...had fun reading your post!!

Suzi B said...

Fabulous card Kathy love the phone box.
suzi b :)

Anonymous said...

Saved as a favorite, I really like your site!
Also visit my blog post ; tv site

Shirley said...

Sounds like a great day Kathy and a beautiful card.

Annie said...

That looks like a fun card Kathy xx

Love and hugs

Annie xxx

Anita's creaties said...

I understand why you bought that stampset, you made a beautiful card with it!

Mandi said...

Super card Kathy
Great goodies too!
Love the sandals, I live the whole summer in flip flop type footwear!
Thanks so much
mandi
"Less is More"

Victoria said...

ooooo lovely card! Great bunting across the side and the phone box is fab over the script! Loved reading about your crafty day - thank goodness you had enough cash and didn't have to put anything back!

Suze Bain said...

What a fabulous 'CAS' collage! Great stamping and stitching! xx

Louise said...

Thanks soooo much for joining in with my CMLI challenge. I LOVE your card. Red phone boxes are so trendy. Was the bunting made from the M&S napkin? Looks amazing.
I'm thinking I might just have to go to Snazzys one day.... Looks like a crafting haven.
I know a big fan of WOW stamps (BB)- love at first sight at the NEC in March :-)

Kathryn said...

Ohh chocolate and shoes what a friend lol xx sound like you had a fab time xx great make by the way :)

scrappyjacky said...

That must be pretty unique these days...no credit card reader!!

Cherry said...

What fab purchases from a fab day out, Kathy. Looks like you and Sue had a great time. Then all those lovely creations too. Love the colours and that red phone box - just perfect. Hugs Cherry XXX

Loli. eltallerdelosrecuerdos@gmail.com said...

Hola Kathy, a great adventure in Snazzy's:D
Gorgeous card Kathy, great colouring and good idea for your design, very coordinated :D, well done.
Hugs from Palma

Claire said...

Hi Kathy, I'm so jealous that you went to Snazzy's, I really want to go there one day, but it's deffo a bit far away for a day trip!!
Great card today, love the script background :)

Faith A said...

Hi Kathy, what a great card, love your stitching. Great idea with the napkin.

Sorry haven't been visiting for a while, you've been busy since I was last here and with all great cards too.

Lynne said...

Brilliant card Kathy,love it. Snazzy`s sounds like a good shop, am I the only person that thinks Hobbycraft is a bit naff?
Lynne xxx

Inkyfingers said...

What a great day you had Kathy, craft goodies and a present... I'd like a day like that too! Your fab card looks so British and the napkin bunting was a genius touch.

Valerie said...

Love the way you've used the stamps Kathy and the bunting is just perfect!
Val x

Daen'Ys said...

Just beautiful!!

Daen'Ys

Katiejane said...

Being a fan of Subway myself, I can see why the detour was necessary. As for Snazzy's, well I can only agree it's a treasure trove of all "must have's". Did you make it for a fish pedicure?
You've deffinately put your new stamp set to good use. I enjoy a little stitching on cards.
Katie x

scrappyjen said...

Nice cheery card. jenx 68

Susan said...

I haven't been anywhere in a while that didn't accept credit cards! I'd sure be in a pickle!

Love your LIM card...that phone booth image is wonderful!

GinaA said...

Brilliant bunting, super stitching and terrific telephone box.