Friday, 20 July 2012

Woo Hoo it's the weekend!!

Hi there and welcome to the start of another weekend - got plans? Hope that none of your plans will be disrupted by the GREAT (??????) British Summer .... or lack of!

I'm out to lunch with a pal today - no idea of where we're lunching only where we're meeting - like a magical mystery tour! - except that I'll be driving!!!

Spot of crafting occurred in the Purple Palace yesterday although I've had a busy couple of days. Visited with friends (one about to vacation and another just out of hospital) and neighbours and also managed to fit in some shopping for flooring and paint - not for us, my hubby would have a fit!!!



Materials used:
  • 5" x 7" white, 300 gsm scallop edged card and matching envelope
  • Black card panel
  • White card panel
  • WOW damask image inked using versamark ink
  • Pan Pastel in Phthalo Green
  • Dark turquoise organza ribbon

Decided that I REALLY liked the combination of squeezed lemonade and spiced marmalade and the Hero Arts star - see previous days posts so thought I would try for a triple ...... so, here's my FOURTH and probably last entry for the Simply Less Is More challenge to use THREE - this time I've used three circles and three stamps - hope y'all approve even though it's decidedly similar to one of the other entries!



Materials used:
  • 12½ cm white, 250 gsm card and matching envelope
  • 4½ cm circular mask
  • Distress Inks: squeezed lemonade and spiced marmalade
  • Paper Mania Just a note, Hero Arts Hello inked in Memento potters clay
  • Hero Arts star image inked in Memento tangelo

And finally, the sort of card no-one LIKES to make but, sooner or later, all card makers have a requirement for one - in this instance it's for my husband to send to the widow of a friend.



Materials used:
  • 12½ cm square white 250 gsm card and matching envelope
  • Post It's to mask
  • Distress Inks: tumbled glass, broken china, black soot
  • Dimensions DAISY image and Hero Arts sentiment inked in Memento tuxedo black

And now for the Friday Funny, e-mailed to me by my pal and neighbour, Debbie ....... ENJOY




I've seen it before and may even have posted it before - but it still amuses me!

Have a great Friday and an even fabber weekend!





10 comments:

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Beautiful makes here Kathy. Enjoy your lunch out and your magical mystery tour! xxx

Jane said...

3 great cards, love the LIM, the sentiment is great separated by the star, also love the image in the sympathy card.

SHARY said...

Great cards Kathy. Love the damask one Lol great friday funny!!

Annie Anya said...

super cards Kathy. Love the inserted funny you have about the couple...also have joined as a new member of your blog. Thanks for always dropping me a comment..x

Shirley said...

Pleased to have found your blog Kathy and I think your cards are great. Love the secrets to a long and happy marriage. Thanks too for leaving me a comment on my blog.

Marlena M. said...

I'm sorry for your loss~this is a gorgeous card for your friend's widow. Your LIM card is fantastic~I like the angle! Your first card is so pretty. ;)

scrappyjacky said...

Some lovely cards,Kathy.....hope you have a great weekend.

clare said...

Fab cards kathy, enjoy your lunch. X

Debs M said...

great cards....so difficult for the sympathy ones..

great friday funny..that could be me!

Chrissie said...

Super cards, love the LIM one!
Thanks again.
Chrissie
"Less is More"