Saturday, 14 July 2012

YET another dull grey day here .....

Hi there,

When I woke up it was dull and grey but no sign of rain! Well, all that changed within about half an hour - looks like we're in for a drizzly day though rather than the torrential rain we've had so much of recently.

Hubby appears to be a little better than yesterday as he's up (before 11) and shaving as I type this, think he's had a mild bug for the past few days.

Anyway, the weather means it's looking like another day for indoor domesticity and crafting so I checked out my fave Saturday challenge, put a wash load in and got cracking .........

It's challenge day over on the Simply Less Is More blog and today's challenge is the dreaded One Layer Card and the ladies of LIM have selected three as their theme!



It can be three of anything: three stamps, three colours, three words - any three things - gotcha thinking? Me too!!!

Here's what I came up with ..... if it hadn't been a requirement to make a One Layer Card then I would probably have matted on a matching Evergreen Bough layer before mounting on to a slightly larger (maybe 5" x 7" card, I might also have added gemstones in the two "naked" corners! See what you think. I was trawling youtube and found a Get Well Card on the Stamp TV channel and liked it so I adapted it to fit the OLC format.



Materials used:
  • C6 white card and matching envelope
  • Stamping World sentiment inked in Memento tuxedo black
  • Dimension Forth (now simply Dimension, I believe) frame inked in Memento tuxedo black
  • Post Its to mask individual squares
  • D.I. Tumbled Glass used to colour top square and then used to ink the Lavinia image
  • Evergreen Bough used to colour middle square and then used to ink the Lavinia image
  • Festive Berries used to colour bottom square and then used to ink the Lavinia image
Hope you like it. Of course, it's easy, with the benefit of hindsight, to say I SHOULD have moved the block in from the edge but I just KNOW I would have done it "on the wonk" - still getting used to my new glasses! - that's my excuse.

Happy Saturday, hope the rain won't interfere with your plans for the day.

35 comments:

Debs M said...

great idea, love the colours x

Kimberley said...

Great card Kathy - enjoy your day crafting - every cloud and all that!

Rosie said...

A really beautiful card, Kathy

Gibmiss said...

Hi kathy
Fabby card
Hugs Sylvie xxxx

Chrissie said...

I often forget about the fact that it's One Layer too Kathy... then I have to convert my idea into that format!
Super job!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Loli. eltallerdelosrecuerdos@gmail.com said...

Hola Kathy, gorgeous card and clever idea!!! seem like squares and not one layer..good work!!!
Hugs from Palma

nicky said...

lovely card
Nicky

Mandi said...

I forget too Kathy, but usually after I've wasted a hour or three!
super card, no purple?

Glad your hubby is feeling better
Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Suze Bain said...

What a gorgeous stamp and you've framed them beautifully. xx

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Raining hard here as I type . . . just about got the washing in in time! Phew!

Terrific card Kathy. I like 3's of things, so might play along!

Glad the husband is feeling better.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Lilian said...

Like the card Kathy. Love the colours, Hugs lilian

Scrapmate said...

Nice CAS card.

GinaA said...

Love your masked squares and the colours are great, nice idea to stamp colour on colour.

Brigitte said...

Wow hat a lovely card!!!

Brigitte

Inkyfingers said...

Great card Kathy and I love the three colours you chose. I think the framing is a great idea. It looks as though it has been matted so gives some dimension to the design.

Victoria said...

I love these colours together and it's a really lovely stamp. I think you were too hard on yourself when you said you weren't so keen in your 2nd entry post.

Craftilicious said...

Beautifully done Kathy - I really thought it was matted your inking is perfectly crisp.
Tara

Louise said...

great stamp and I love the card even if you were happy with it. one layer cards are so hard to pull off and I think you have achieved it.
fingers crossed for a sunnier day tomorrow x

Evil Edna said...

Beautiful and delicate, great arrangement. Raining all night and most of the day in Suffolk too.EE

Carole said...

Hi Kathy, love what you created, the trees are fab my friend!

Lynne said...

Super card Kathy.
Lynne xxx

Jenni's Jems said...

This is lovely and no it doesn't need anything more it suits being 'naked' ! :-)x

Rosemary said...

fantastic card! i really like the squares along the side as you have placed them!

Meadie said...

Your card looks fab - love your design, hugs x x

Viv's Visuals said...

Just lovely Kathy - I really struggle with one layer... I'd have also added a couple of 'bits' in the corners.... not because the card needed it, but just because... well that's what I do!!! LOL

Deanna said...

Great Card love the design!

Judy1223 said...

Very nice card, Kathy...that was a lot of masking and it shows, you made a real beauty!

Marrigje said...

Great card! Love colours and layout.

Marrigje

Karen said...

Great card Kathy - these images really work well.

Karen x

Linda said...

Fab card Kathy, great colour choice. xx

butterfly said...

I love this, and I think the colours speak for themselves - none of the corners look "naked" to me!
Alison x

Laura said...

Love the colours
Laura

Elaine said...

Great card - love the colour-on-colour stamping!

Susan said...

One of my favorite layout designs...and your card looks awesome with that vertical sentiment!

Roxie said...

Wonderful card and a very nice way to use the three theme.