Friday, 24 August 2012

It's almost the weekend!!

Hi there,

Friday again, hope you all have great Bank Holiday weekend's planned

Here's a birthday card I've made for the dog loving son of a friend - hope he likes it.



Materials used:
  • 14½ cm square, 300gsm white scallop edged card and matching envelope
  • 8½ cm square white card panel on to which the Magenta dog image was stamped using Memento rich cocoa.
  • Magenta dog image stamped again on to a post it and then cut close, as a mask
  • Distress Ink in pumice stone sponged over the masked image panel
  • With the mask still in place Distress Ink in tea dye was sponged through the TCW swirls mask
  • Another 8½ cm square white card panel was sponged (edges only) with Distress Ink in tea dye and then stamped with the Hero Arts small swirl in Memento rich cocoa
  • 9 cm square of chocolate glitter card cut and the three panels arranged askew!
  • TPC Studio sentiment inked in Memento tuxedo black
The inside of the card was layered and inked/stamped to co-ordinate ...................


And now for the Friday Funny, this week it comes courtesy of  Pat Gilson and was entitled "Generation Y for Dummies ........


WHAT is "GENERATION Y"





People born before 1946 were called
The Silent Generation


Those born between 1947 and 1959 were
The Baby Boomers


People born between 1960 and 1979 were called
Generation X


People born between 1980 and 2010 are called
Generation Y


Well why do we call the last group Generation Y

Y should I
get a job?


Y should I
leave home and find my own place?


Y should I
get a car when I can borrow yours?


Y should I
clean my room?


Y should I
wash and iron my own clothes?


Y should I
buy any food?



A cartoonist explained it very eloquently below....




Have a fabulous weekend


4 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Love the Friday Funny....too much truth in it though!!

Sally said...

A perfect card for a dog lover Kathy & I love the image. I laughed at your "Generation Y" reasons, so true!
Sally x

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

LOVe the dog card Kathy.

And the Friday Funny made me chuckle . . . and I couldn't agree more!

Luckily I'm Generation X! x

My name is Wynneth said...

Smashing doggie card kathy, I'm sure your pal will love it.

Liked the friday funny - very true !

Hope you're having a fabulous time with Lauren.
luv
wynneth
x