Friday, 17 August 2012

It's Friday Funny time again!!!

Morning all,

Welcome to the start of another weekend. Need to warn those who scare easily and who don't like things that slither you might want to avert your eyes below the craft photos, of which there are four!

Well, dear readers, the journal saga continues ..... I'm now up to layer FOUR and this involved modelling paste and stencils (Poppy feather stencil and That Special Touch cogs stencil) which was then set aside to dry. Here's where I got to on Wednesday and I must confess that I was a little stuck at this point - I thought it needed some form of sentiment/journaling and/or a focal image but ..... I decided to think about it overnight.
  
Materials used:
  • Pan Pastels applied with a cosmetic foam wedge
  • Tsukineko shimmer mist "Sparkle" on the feather
Thursday morning dawned and hubby was off to Thornbury to set up for the Model and Engineering show all weekend so, after making and taking a few phone calls with friends I decided to crack on with some journaling and see if I could finish my journaling page - and here it is! Hope you've enjoyed your CREATIVE JOURNEY with me!


 Additional materials used on this layer:
  • Computer generated journaling on white paper to which I then applied magenta pan pastel and set with fixative
  • I cut out the journaling and then drew a freehand border using a Faber Castell pitt pen before running the strips through my Xyron sticker maker and attaching to the page
  • I then used an eyeshadow cosmetic applicator to apply pan pastels to my stamped image on the lower right hand page
Here's a not very funny to share with you - I stepped outside the front door yesterday to dispose of what LOOKED like a piece of plastic blown in (I assumed) with the high winds of the day - imagine my surprise (Shock/horror - insert chosen word here) when I discovered how wrong I was - it was actually a snake! Now, when I say small ...... it was a little longer than 2'!! Not exactly a man eater but still a scary critter - don't you agree? Further research has revealed (with thanks to craftali on a craft forum) that it's actually a rather LARGE slow worm - which is a legless lizard and totally harmless. Well, thank heavens for that! Slow worms grow to about 50 cm and this one was probably around 55-60 cm, so a good sized slow worm. Unfortunately, for one who is mildly phobic about snakes I have to say snake/slow worm - same reaction!



Frankly, I shan't be at all perturbed if I NEVER see another! I'm one of those people who lifts her feet off the ground if a snake appears, on the TV!!!! Wimp, or what?!?!??! I only took the photo because I just knew my hubby wouldn't believe me if it wasn't still there when he got home - which it wasn't!!!

And now for the Friday Funny - this week it comes courtesy of my good friend, Lilian, your name's on the list!! (and that's a good thing - with the end of year prize draw!). To my readers - ENJOY

Technology - huh!

Have a great weekend - since hubby's at the model show all weekend I should get to some serious crafting!!!! I've a few challenges to have a go at too .... there's week #6 at CASology which is "SCHOOL" and also challenge #230 over at Cute Card Thursday which is (spookily enough) "BACK TO SCHOOL"! And, of course, tomorrow, it'll be a new challenge over at Simply Less Is More too - so those should keep me out of mischief for a bit!

9 comments:

clare said...

your page looks great kathy, love the colours. i was just catching up with your adventures with a slow worm, i know i would have screamed and ran away! love the funny friday...great! x

scrappyjacky said...

Love the end result of your page,Kathy.

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

WOW - so much work in your journal. You have lots more patience than I do! Lovely results though.

LOVED the Friday Funny! TFS xxx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Loving your journal page journey Kathy. The colours are just lovely together. Hope Sid the Snake has slithered off.... shudder...

Lauren Hatwell said...

Forgot to say great Friday Funny too. Lx

Debs M said...

great pages Kathy, enjoy your weekend of non stop crafting!!

Lilian said...

Love the colours Kathy. its looking good, Hugs lilian

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous journal pages Kathy, great colours and effects.
As for the slow worm, my cats catch them when they can and leave them on the grass for us.
Have a great weekend, we are currently down by the Colorado River which is hot, hot, hot. Had an amazing electrical storm last night. Home next week (boo hoo).
Hugs Brenda xox

Shirley said...

Lovely effect and great colours, they really work well together.