Monday, 20 August 2012

Monday Funday!

Hi folks,

What happened to Sunday? I had started a post for Sunday but never quite finished it - today it's irrelevant so I deleted it and am starting again!

SOOOOO hot yesterday and I just couldn't settle to any crafting (Me?) - I KNOW!!! but hey, that's the way it was. I sat sipping chilled drinks much of the day.

This morning has dawned a little fresher (but just a little) so I've taken the opportunity to do my ironing!!

I had thought of visiting my pal who's in respite care in Bristol but having rung to check where she is today I find she's out for the day - hurrah for her, nice day for it, hope she's gone somewhere nicer than just a hospital appointment!

So, on to a modest amount of crafting. I need your help, dear readers, with this one - read on .....



Materials used:
  • 14½ cm square white, 250 gsm card and matching envelope
  • Cut out circle mask, held in place with post its
  • Distress Ink in pumice stone sponged in to circle and then sponged again through a mask of small circles (see photo below for a more detailed look)
  • Close to the Heart grid image inked ink D.I. pumice stone also
  • A VERY old Inkadinkado Steam train image inked in Memento tuxedo black



I can't help but think there's something missing, aside from a yet to be decided upon sentiment, any ideas?

Have a fab Monday

9 comments:

Mandi said...

i agree about the heat kathy. what with the weather and hot flushes, i'm melting Hoping to be half my size by the end of the week he hee

What a superb card!!! Sensational stamping and placement
Love it!

Keep cool

scrappyjacky said...

I love it as it is,Kathy....a sentiment added will make it complete.

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

I'm with Mandi above. No idea what sentiment to put with it. Sorry x

Brenda Brown said...

Looks good to me Kathy. Love that train stamp.
It's been a heat wave in California too, but it's always different when you are away from home isn't it? Hope you get your ironing finished and get to craft some more.
Hugs Brenda xox

GinaA said...

This is a fabulous card, the only thing I can think of would be some steam coming from the funnel in a backward sweep to give the engine some movement. no sentiment required for me.

Lauren Hatwell said...

Looks great as it is to me Kathy. In fact it's a really fabulous card. I love it. Lx

Shirley said...

Looking good, I think all it needs is a sentiment.

Katiejane said...

Perhaps a couple of buttons? It was Mega hot here too, 38 and unbearable. Thankfully it's cooled to an enjoyable 25 today :)

EmmGee said...

Only addition I would make would be a bit of train-track/railway line across the card just under the train. Not going all the way across. Perhaps from just in front of the engine across to the LHS???? Then a sentiment could go under this on the RHS. Any good? But it is a nice image. xx