Sunday, 5 August 2012

Second post from me - with a disaster and a challenge entry!!!

I leave it you - dear readers - to work out which is the disaster and which is the challenge entry, har har! Only joking - pretty sure you'll know right off the bat which is which!

First off, the progress on my image transfer project
Materials used:
  • Photo from my computer, printed on to A4 paper
  • Liquitex "basics" gloss gel medium
  • Credit card - to apply the medium
It took AGES to dry - this is how it looked after two hours ...

Well, after nearly FIVE whole blooming hours I found I was losing the will to live (or do I mean image transfer?). A scoot by peak revealed a totally clear image so I cut loosely round my gelled image and put some water in a bowl ...




After soaking for a little while I removed my image from the bowl and started peeling.



Not sure whether it's supposed to happen this way but my image was all white again when I'd finished! I'd also managed to tear it in a couple of places - memo to self, THICKER layer of gel medium AND do it before heading to bed so it's good and dry by the morning!!!



Back to the drawing board ...... perhaps a different image and definitely a thicker layer!! I'm not deterred but it DOES sound  like a lot of work for little reward - Check back in a day or so and see if I've mastered it!

And now for my Pan Pastels project for their "SUMMER FUN" challenge
Materials used (background):
  • Tim Holtz tag
  • Versamark ink
  • Images by: PSX (travel collage), Dimension (Crazy paving) and Kaisercraft (bubble wrap)
  • Pan Pastels: Orange tint, Diarylide shade, Bright yellow green
  • Hairspray to set
Materials used (foreground): 
  • Memento inks: tangelo, rhubarb stalk and potters clay
  • Images by Fiskars (camera), Creative Cafe ("memories" & "get away" sentiment) and unknown manufacturer (tag and "summer")
  • Pan Pastel Red iron oxide applied round the outer tag edge
  • Finally, a spray of hairspray to set the pastels
 Hope you've enjoyed reading how I achieved the above projects, or should that be NEARLY achieved??!??!?. 

I hear Andy Murray has beaten Roger Federer to a gold medal today - AND we're up to a har fought 34 medals (19 of which are gold) - YAY TEAM GB!

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday

5 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Well your image transfer may not have gone to plan BUT your tag is an absolute triumph and those colours are just glorious together.

Lx

Mandi said...

Oh your post has made me chuckle Kathy
This is why I don't try things cos I get in a right pickle lol

mandi

Brenda Brown said...

Never tried the transfer gel you are using so good luck with the next try. Love the summer tag. Thanks for linking to PanPastel UK. Hugs Brenda xxx

Eileen said...

I was excited when I started to read your post ... cos I want to do the image transfer... Shame it didn't work ... but I'll be back!!! Lovely tag here tho xx
Thanks for joining in the PanPastels Challenge this week.
Eileen xx

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Great tag.

Not saying anything about your disarrrrster dahling! xxx