Tuesday, 14 August 2012

Tuesday crafting

Morning all,

Yesterday a crafting pal set an informal challenge, a sketch to use. and a CHRISTMAS card at that! Many people are thrown in to a panic about now about the lack of hand made Christmas cards in their collection and start a Christmas frenzy!!! I TRY to make a couple each month to make the "frenzy" that little bit less frenetic! Sometimes it works, sometimes ..... it doesn't!!! Anyway, here's what I came up with, following the sketch pretty faithfully though I did have to move the three snowflakes a little as they were simply too big  to site where the sketch had them placed (on the smaller spotty panel but above the ribbon!).



Materials used:
  • 8" square white, 300 gsm card
  • 7½" square of bright blue card with corners rounded.
  • 6" x 4" panel of DCWV spotty paper
  • 6½" x 4½" silver mirri card
  • 4" square panel with my Sugarnellie image inked in Memento tuxedo black
  • 4½" square blue panel for matting
  • Alcohol markers to colour image
  • Navy satin ribbon (Michael's of course!)
  • Iridescent snowflakes (again, from Michaels!)
  • Dark Room Door large spotty background inked using versamark ink on the masked off half of my base panel and then coloured using phthalo blue pan pastel and set using hairspray
  • Inkadinkado sentiment inked using Memento tuxedo black directly on to the blue base panel
  • Crystal stickles to highlight the fur trim, snowflakes and stars on the image and the tiny stars on the sentiment

Hubby's hedge cutting so I'm hoping it's not going to rain upon him!!! At least not until the very last of the clearing up! I'm off to the hairdressers as my fringe (or bangs as the Americans call it, I believe) is driving me MENTAL.

HOWEVER, here's how the weather's looking right now ... and it doesn't look promising



Happy Tuesday



5 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

A fantabulous Christmas card to add to your collection Kathy. I love the colour.

Hope the weather picks up and your bangs are soon contained :oD

Lx

Shirley said...

Lovely card and really sweet image which is beautifully coloured. Don't like the look of your weather so please keep it as here in South Yorkshire it's been glorious all day !!

My name is Wynneth said...

A lovely christmas'y blue number you've created young kathy - love that pretty image. Hope the 'bang' is now under control. Not a pretty sky you've got going there, not been too bad a day down here in Cornwall.

Hope to catch up with all your posts I've missed.
luv
wynneth
x

scrappyjacky said...

Another lovely xmas card,Kathy....I really shouldn't leave it this late to get started on them!!!

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Hi Kathy . . . love this cute card.

Hope the clouds just floated on by and didn't open up on you. Think they've come my way actually!

xxx