Tuesday, 21 August 2012

Tuesday trauma .....

Hi there,

What's the trauma? Well, my car is going in for its MOT this morning and I'm thinking it might not be good news so please keep  your fingers crossed for a pass as UGLY's very precious to me (despite the unflattering name)!

I'd never heard of "moos" until a crafting buddy suggested a swap! What is a moo? APPARENTLY, it's a little like an Artist Trading Card but they're only 2.8cm x 7cm, so pretty titchy. I imagined that you would have to be quite creative to find things in a small enough scale so was quite surprised to find that I had quite a number of images that were sufficiently teeny for the job. In the end I selected a recent acquisition as it's always good to have an excuse to get a new image inky! The swap involved making six "moos" and here they are ...



Materials used:
  • 300 gsm white card cut to 2.8cm x 7cm
  • Distress Stain in dried marigold
  • Kaisercraft graffiti background image inked using Distress Ink wild honey
  • Paper Artsy ink splatter background inked using Versacolour gold
  • Hobbycraft line of children image inked using Versafine onyx black

I also edged three sides of the "moo" using the gold ink and the fourth side with the black. Here's a close up of just one of the "moos"




Last evening hubby and I visited surrogate daughter2 and her family. Surrogate daughter 2 gave birth to Zac on August 18th and she and her hubby are the proud parents of this little sweetie ..... now aged TWO whole days!!!


Surrogate grandson2
Despite being absolutely exhausted Becky (proud mum) was happy to receive visitors and showed remarkable calmness despite the world and his wife wanting to see the "new arrival" - all the best to you both.

Happy Tuesday

8 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Love what you've done for your moos...I'm not good with anything that small!!

Cheryl said...

oh I love,those images Hun,you really have showcased them to perfection,and oh ,the baby Hun oh bless adorable or what,hugs,Cherylxxx

Brenda Brown said...

Just woken up to your blog title so I hope all went well with Ugly.
Never tried moos but love your little ones, a great stamp to use.
Lastly love the photo of your surrogate grandson, he looks gorgeous.
Have a great day - I guess it's half over as I write this.
By the way I found Joanns yesterday, spent a bomb on paper, just got to get it home now lol.
Hugs Brenda xox

My name is Wynneth said...

Loving your Moos mrs k, what a fabulous little stamp and your backgrounds are gorgeous.

Lovely to see your brand new surrogate grandson, he's a real cutie and well worth waiting for !!

luv
wynneth
x

Cherry said...

Great moos Mrs K. Love the colours with the stamp you have chosen. I am still thinking about this one.

Hope ugly was ok and survived.

Glad to hear Becky is doing so well. What a gorgeous little you have too. Definitely worth the wait.

Hugs Cherry XXX

Shirley said...

You've introduced me to something new as I haven't heard of Moos before but yours look delightful. Hope the MOT went well and baby Zac is gorgeous.

Katiejane said...

Congratulations to Becky and the family, Zac is just adorable.
Your Moo cards are very cute indeed and I just may have to purchase that gorgeous stamp!
Katie x

Katiejane said...

Zac is just adorable, Congratulations Becky and family. Love the cute Moo cards, may have to purchase that stamp!
Katie x